Parent reviews for Bloodshot

Good sci-fi idea thwarted by dull, violent filmmaking.

Adult Written byS.V. April 2, 2020

Very different than your typical superhero film.

Interesting to see a first Valiant Comic film that could start an alternative universe franchise based on the comics. I got to say, I'm impressed how they made this come to life on the big screen. Especially with it being a low budget $45 million dollars, a lot was thoroughly thought out and went in very nicely about just the right amount of money they had. Very well made Sci-fi/Action movie with an awesome storyline/plot. Felt fresh, overall innovative. However parents please seriously take caution!!! This is not for kids at all. It's way too violent, that I think it might as well have gotten an R rating in the first place. MPAA didn't want to give it a more hard rating because they add some humorous moments, but at times it exceeded above the rating that I even felt like I was watching an R rated film. There's a lot of frenetic shooting, can get pretty gory and bloody, menace, stabbing, vengeful brutal moments, and too much bad words. Probably the most violent PG-13 film I've ever seen to be honest with you. So please take consideration when deciding to view this for children, which I wouldn't recommend it for them at all!!!! Better to be safe than to be sorry. It's best to keep this movie away from them if possible until they are in their late teens like 16 and up. I gave it 17+ because it's just common sense and logical that way. I wish everyone well and to be safe at home during this pandemic COVID-19.

Adult Written bybahmandamia6982 March 28, 2020