Kid reviews for Blumhouse's Fantasy Island

Blumhouse's Fantasy Island Poster Image

In the beginning I thought that it was gonna be really crap but I was wrong. It was really fun to watch and I could easily watch it whenever. Great movie would recommend for 15 and above.

If not scary, it's relatively unorginal

Fantasy Island wasn't as scary as I thought it would be . . . it didn't contain all the horrors/terros I thought this movie would have. In fact, the trailer depicted this movie to be scary, but in truth it was more of a fun/wild ride than a scary ride. There is a lot of things I disliked about this movie. One of them was how the movie turned out not be scary, like, at all. A horror fan, like me, was very disappointed on how the "scares" really tunred out to be. And the plot wasn't exactly orginal; there has been movies based on your wishes turning into nightmares. I mean: I was coming into this movie with some expectations, but I was deeply disappointed on how this "horror" movie really turned out to be. The violence in here wasn't all that explicit, but there were some brief bloody images. The characters aren't exactly promoting good characters traits -- they're more worried about their deepest desires. There is one plot twist in this movie, but even that can't redeem itself from how truly bad the movie was. It struggled to bring fourth a good plot and decent scares. I was coming into this movie expecting some scary scares. but was (as I have said before) deeply, deeply disappointed. The whole movie was a bit of a waste of time. Compared to A Quiet Place, this movie is a pratical joke itself on the scariness. This movie disappoints me and it does not really promote anything good in this movie besides "be careful what you wish for."

Not as scary as you think -- more inappropriate

Fantasy Island isn't all that scary if I'm to be honest. When I was going to see the movie, I was expecting some scares and jump-scares, but I was deeply wrong about that. The trailer depicts this movie as a scary, tense horror movie when in reality it's just one fun/inappropriate ride. The plot is iffy and the message isn't really that impactful. The characters are sometimes selfish, and have terrible thoughts toward each other, but in the end they make up. But this film is more inappropriate than scary; there is some adult dialouge, suggestive contents, drinking, etc. The violence in here isn't all that scary (3/5). Nothin that teens can't handle. In fact, I would give this an 11+ if it weren't for all the inappropriate contents throughout the movie. There is some bloody images, but not over-the-top. The ending isn't all too satisfying to be honest. This movie is one you can for sure miss out on. You're not missing out much if you don't see this movie.

This is an Ok movie with lots of Violence.

This is an Ok with, As it has it’s good parts and it’s bad parts. This movie Does Include… Violence, bloody images, peril, some language, some sexual material, brief nudity and drinking products.

It was amazing!

I think 10 up can watch it because there isn't any sex a little bad language and it's not that scary. I thaught that it was going to be quite scary but it wasn't really. But it was still a brilliant film so get some munchies and watch it it is amazing. The only thing is it has a mans face after he had been in a fire and it is horrible and a little girl with a sharp rock that was killing her dad

good

It's really good but if you like confusing things then watch it but if you have children the you might want to put them in the other room .

Started of promising, but just got really lame.

I really enjoy a good horror and/or thriller and so when I started watching this film, I thought it might turn out okay. But when I kept watching it, I just felt confused. Not the kind of deep thinking you’d need from a lovecraftian film, but I was just confused on what the film is in general. It seems as though it can’t decide what type of movie it wants to be. One minute, it tries to jump-scare you after some “suspense” but then there’s an gunfire scene set in a way as though it’s an action movie, and it just continues . The twist near the end was so unexpected and made absolutely no sense that I just turned it off. Please don’t bother with this movie. Age rating: This film really isn’t thematically intense in really any way, and the violence is somewhat strong, but very limited and usually in the dark. There is some revealing clothing and talk about sex but nothing that a 13 year old couldn’t handle. There is a bong shown for a very brief part of the film. Idk why it has an MA15+ rating (the Australian version of R) but it definitely doesn’t have “strong horror themes” or much “strong violence”

I was expecting the original TV show got made into a movie... I had no idea what I was in store for lol

I thought the movie was really good and brilliant. I think horror movies/shows are the most brilliant stories/ideas that ever get made. I don’t know, but I feel like they might be so powerful in that sense, because the problem/conflict with the films I’ve seen seem all to be mostly psychological; which I think is really smart of the writers because really, the only person to stop the bad guy (in the end) is himself, since he/she is the ones who think up their crimes and mayhem.

Fantasy island has a great cast

Fantasy island is a very good and entertaining horror movie that tweens and teens will really like. But it has violence brief sexy stuff language and drinking and drugs but tweens and teens will love it.

Not the best

Not the best blumhouse movie