Kid reviews for Bohemian Rhapsody

Exuberant music, electric performance in routine biopic.

Kid, 12 years old December 14, 2018

Ok Parents listen and listen good

Alright grown ups get ready to get roasted by the 12 year old.
There is absolutely nothing wrong with this movie. Yes, there's drinking, yes there's some smoking, yeah you see a man kiss another man. Yes there's cocaine on the table at one point. Guess what, nobody noticed that except the over protective parents. The movie is actually anti drinking because you see how it effects Freddie, and Freddie realizes his mistake. As for the gayness, nobody has a problem with that except homophobic people. People who are complaining about language should be quiet. There's one f word, two s**t and a couple other ones that just show up. Honestly it doesn't matter. It's a great movie with great music, take your kids to go see it. People are saying Freddie isn't a good role model, and they're right, but they're acting like the whole time he was a terrible person. He's not a good role model for 45 minutes of the movie just calm down.

Kid, 10 years old November 5, 2018

You people are ridiculous.

There is nothing wrong with the fact that Freddie Mercury is in love with another man. This is the real world, people. Though, I could have done without the language. Nothing too bad, but still keep in mind. Overall, great movie for 9 to 16 year olds.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieLover224 November 1, 2018

Great cinematography but not so great messages

I though that this was a very well done movie on the cameras part but the messages and how Freddy is portrayed is very complex. The music is astoundingly good and the actors grew on you. The reason I would call this movie 13+ is because of the negative role models and constant drinking, drugs, and smoking. There were also some crude humor and it ends with AIDS and how it effects Freddy. Some brief kissing is present. I would see this movie if you love anything by Freddy Mercury or if you like movies that make you feel the emotions in the characters.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTom04 October 29, 2018

Really good

This is a really good. There is quite a bit of dramatic moments. There is some implied gay scenes. There is also some implied cocaine use. But overall it’s really good. It’s not really about queen it’s about Freddie Mercury.

Kid, 12 years old November 4, 2018

Amazing for those who love Queen!

If you don't like Queen, somehow have no idea who they are, or don't know the real story of Freddie Mercury, then this movie isn't for you. But if you are a Queen fan, like me, then you will fall in love. It's great for younger people, too, who never had the chance to really see Queen come alive in front of their face in performance. My only issue with it though is how it ignores the sex, drugs, and all of the mature drugs. At least tell your teenager that DID come into the equation in the real story, so when someone starts talking about it they don't embarrass themselves.

Kid, 12 years old November 2, 2018

Awesome!!!

This was an awesome movie !!! I saw it yesterday and loved it so much. It has great characters and Freddie was very brave when he left Munich. It isn't very scary but people might be sad. It has kissing and sex is implied but overall it is a great story and a great movie. Also, if you see it in 4D, they scent the air with alchool. It is the best movie ever.

Teen, 17 years old Written byRodger_Bradley November 16, 2018

Read My Review!

Okay, so I am 17 years old and I saw the movie with my cousins and I have to say. I was not expecting this movie to be so heart-warming and just all around excellent! So, the movie is about a rock singer named Freddie Mercury or you may know him as "Queen" and it's about his life and how he got to be so big. As a parent, you may want to talk to your kids before seeing this about what they are about to see and remind them that it is okay to talk about this stuff. The movie covers sexuality, drug and alcohol addiction, and being turned against. There is no drug use but you do see cocaine present in the scene on a table as well as wine and alcohol being served and drunk at parties and one time while Freddie is in his room alone. Now, I know what you are thinking "Why does this movie have gay sex scenes in it". And I can tell you first hand, it only shows Freddie kiss guys not have sex with them. But, in one scene when Freddie and his girlfriend are together in bed it does suggest they have sex. The final thing you must be worried about is the language, and I have to say there is one use of the F word but other than that it is just "damn" "bloody" "hell" and "shit" but that is all. This movie is so great and I would definitely recommend this to parents and to kids at least 14 years old. I get that this movie is PG-13 it is just the things that are in the movie I would not show to a 13 year old yet. However, with that said, Freddie is a kind-hearted, loving, caring, and all-around great guy to look up to. He is so funny and nice to his friends and strangers alike, but it does show you what happens when you get caught up with fame and people get jealous of you. If you have not seen this movie, you need to see it!! This movie did end up making me tear up because of some things that happen. Thank you for reading my review I saw this movie 3 times already and it is just my favorite movie haha.

Kid, 10 years old June 12, 2020

Good movie with drug content

Great watch that has drugs, drinking and language but most tweens will definitely be able to handle. I believe Common sense media is very wrong!

Teen, 14 years old Written byClorox bleach June 8, 2020

Rocketman was better

Rocketman was better but this was ok. There was just a reference being high.

Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2020

Brilliant movie with fantastic songs!

This film is moving and is on of my favourite films I have recently seen, I was 11 when i saw this and my sister was 10 and we are both Queen fans, we saw this film with our dad. Nothing was particularly explicit and it was great to find out a bit more about Freddy, please give this a watch!!!

Kid, 11 years old April 18, 2020

Very good

Heartfelt, good music, kids might find it boring. Not much happens in the first hour, half hour. Lots of swearing, talk about sexuality. No nudity. Lots of smoking

Kid, 12 years old April 3, 2020

Great movie with some adult themes

This movie is a great watch for the family. It does have a scene where it implies that Freddie and Mary had sex and LOTS of drinking, drugs, and smoking. On multiple occasions Freddie acts impulsively because he is high. There are a few kisses. There is some implications that people have multiple partners at once. Freddie's sexuality is a main focus. He is bi, but that shouldn't be a problem. There is some language; Nothing major, a F-bomb.

Teen, 15 years old Written byazizpogba March 24, 2020

Teen, 15 years old Written byAri_Ravenclaw March 23, 2020

Great story behind a great band!

If your kids aren't familiar with Queen or a few Queen songs, they might not enjoy it that much, but it will definitely get them excited to listen to this awesome band! There's lil bit of social drinking, some swearing, but not a whole lot. It has some messages on teamwork, dedication, creativity, perseverance, and love. It can be emotional at times, and there is some LGBTQ stuff going on, not a lot though. It's also funny, with plenty of good comebacks and gags here and there. The band tries to respect each other and work together despite their differences. They're loyal to each other, but the other members are downplayed. It mostly provides origins to their famous hits, the early years and Freddie's life story.

Teen, 14 years old Written bycat and movie lady February 24, 2020

Awesome with great messeages

This movie is spectacular! It's a wonderful depiction of Queen and is overall great. There's a lot of smoking (it was the 70s and 80s) and some drugs, and some kissing and other things. There's also a lot of good messages such as loyalty, friendship, and being true to yourself.

Teen, 13 years old Written byPoptartz January 18, 2020

Listen Up!

This review is for laid back parents and them only. not up tight helicopter parents. This movie includes:
gayness
swearing
awesome music
education on music
and overall a fun movie
If you hate your kid having fun, don't watch it. Trust me, if you think you know everything about your kid, 3rd grade and up, swearing happens all the time at schools anyways.

Teen, 13 years old Written byLunaRS27 January 12, 2020
Teen, 13 years old Written by-Cinnamon_Roll_Aro- January 11, 2020
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2020

Bohemian Rhapsody Review

I think this film smartly cuts out a lot of sexual activity, making it more suitable for younger children. A phenomenal recreation of Freddie’s life. If you aren’t already a Queen fan, it’ll definitely get you in to that style of music.

Kid, 10 years old December 16, 2019

Honest review. Not for kids

We watched this with my family and it was about a drunk guy which we found d offensive. We got up and left after a couple of minutes. Would not recommend.