Kid reviews for Bohemian Rhapsody

Exuberant music, electric performance in routine biopic.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTom04 October 29, 2018

Really good

This is a really good. There is quite a bit of dramatic moments. There is some implied gay scenes. There is also some implied cocaine use. But overall it’s really good. It’s not really about queen it’s about Freddie Mercury.

Kid, 10 years old November 5, 2018

You people are ridiculous.

There is nothing wrong with the fact that Freddie Mercury is in love with another man. This is the real world, people. Though, I could have done without the language. Nothing too bad, but still keep in mind. Overall, great movie for 9 to 16 year olds.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieLover224 November 1, 2018

Great cinematography but not so great messages

I though that this was a very well done movie on the cameras part but the messages and how Freddy is portrayed is very complex. The music is astoundingly good and the actors grew on you. The reason I would call this movie 13+ is because of the negative role models and constant drinking, drugs, and smoking. There were also some crude humor and it ends with AIDS and how it effects Freddy. Some brief kissing is present. I would see this movie if you love anything by Freddy Mercury or if you like movies that make you feel the emotions in the characters.

Kid, 12 years old November 3, 2018

Great, underrated biopic has incredible music, performances.

Bohemian Rhapsody is a wonderful biopic that follows legendary Queen superhero star, Freddie Mercury. In the film, Farrokh Bulsara approaches a band that recently lost their lead singer, and when he shows them his singing voice, he becomes their new bandmate, leading him to vast amounts of fame, success, and a big self-realization. Going into Bohemian Rhapsody, I had mediocre expectations due to the relatively medium reviews, but my expectations were completely blown out of the water. Rami Malek's performance as Freddie is unique, powerful and funny, and the supporting cast is great as well. The music was catchy and fabulous -- I ended up dancing and singing (quietly, of course, aha) in the theater. I've always known about Queen and its music before seeing this movie, but I learned many interesting facts about Freddie himself during the film, which was lovely. The live aid performance made me tear up. It was great! I did wish that the movie dug a little deeper into his life, as I did have a few questions after the credits rolled, but I believe the crew truly did their best, and I very much appreciate it. Violence 1/5: A few very heated arguments and threats, and a character coughs up blood and it is implied that they die of AIDS. Sexual content and nudity 3/5: A bit of opposite and same-sex couple kissing, flirting, groping and implied sex. The most inappropriate scene in the film that CSM does not mention displays Freddie walking through what appears to be a gay sex club in which men are shown wearing black masks and wearing very strange leather costumes while kissing -- this scene made me feel quite uncomfortable, so if you would like to watch the movie without being made uncomfortable at all, I would recommend waiting till you are 13. Language 3/5: Characters swear, and "s--t," and "f--k," are used two or three times. Drinking and drugs 4/5: Lots of drinking and smoking. It is implied that Freddie snorted cocaine and took many other drugs. In the end, Bohemian Rhapsody is a fun, clever and well-made musical biopic packed with great performances and emotional moments. I highly recommend it to anyone that is a mature 12 year old and up!
Kid, 12 years old November 2, 2018

Awesome!!!

This was an awesome movie !!! I saw it yesterday and loved it so much. It has great characters and Freddie was very brave when he left Munich. It isn't very scary but people might be sad. It has kissing and sex is implied but overall it is a great story and a great movie.

Teen, 17 years old Written byRodger_Bradley November 16, 2018

Read My Review!

Okay, so I am 17 years old and I saw the movie with my cousins and I have to say. I was not expecting this movie to be so heart-warming and just all around excellent! So, the movie is about a rock singer named Freddie Mercury or you may know him as "Queen" and it's about his life and how he got to be so big. As a parent, you may want to talk to your kids before seeing this about what they are about to see and remind them that it is okay to talk about this stuff. The movie covers sexuality, drug and alcohol addiction, and being turned against. There is no drug use but you do see cocaine present in the scene on a table as well as wine and alcohol being served and drunk at parties and one time while Freddie is in his room alone. Now, I know what you are thinking "Why does this movie have gay sex scenes in it". And I can tell you first hand, it only shows Freddie kiss guys not have sex with them. But, in one scene when Freddie and his girlfriend are together in bed it does suggest they have sex. The final thing you must be worried about is the language, and I have to say there is one use of the F word but other than that it is just "damn" "bloody" "hell" and "shit" but that is all. This movie is so great and I would definitely recommend this to parents and to kids at least 14 years old. I get that this movie is PG-13 it is just the things that are in the movie I would not show to a 13 year old yet. However, with that said, Freddie is a kind-hearted, loving, caring, and all-around great guy to look up to. He is so funny and nice to his friends and strangers alike, but it does show you what happens when you get caught up with fame and people get jealous of you. If you have not seen this movie, you need to see it!! This movie did end up making me tear up because of some things that happen. Thank you for reading my review I saw this movie 3 times already and it is just my favorite movie haha.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycazarino November 1, 2018

Kid, 11 years old November 6, 2018
Teen, 13 years old Written bykvandoren November 3, 2018

Uhhh

I had high expectations for this movie. I thought it was going to be about the band. It ended up as Freddie Mercury’s love life and it didn’t play enough music in my opinion. The Live Aid scenes were great! The rest made me so uncomfortable, me and my 14 year old best friend. I think that people love this movie because the ending happens to be Live Aid, the best part.

Teen, 14 years old Written byJujumonty November 12, 2018

A need to see movie!

I watched this movie with my 11-year-old sister and she loved it. I am a teen and I found the movie beautiful. If you love Queen or want a really good movie to watch this should be on your list.

Teen, 17 years old Written byAmperket November 17, 2018

Don't come expecting a feel-good movie about Queen--hard look at Mercury's struggles

Rami Malek's performance was excellent and I found the casting in almost all roles to be extremely strong. There were some issues with plot pacing but I really enjoyed. I don't recommend it for preteens or young teens because of the mature themes. The nudity, drugs, and sexual references are pretty explicit but not very graphic, it was more the discussion of Freddy's mental health, relationship issues, and struggles with his sexuality and AIDS. These are examined in-depth, and kids may not be able to understand and fully process these aspects of the movie, or it may be too much for them to handle. I think even a mature 13 or 14 year old may still have difficulty understanding or reconciling the tragedies and personal issues in this movie. Great movie, but definitely suited to older audiences, and not for the family.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBrinerd November 11, 2018

Perfect!

Bohemian Rhapsody is my new favorite movie! Im a classic rock fan and I absolutely loved the way they portrayed Freddie Mercury. Not to mention how much time and effort was put into the film. I do believe that it depends on the kids maturity. It deals with some grown up subjects such as sexual confusion, slight self hate, abusive drinking, etc. they do cuss, but the most violence in the movie is a rock thrown through a window. I recommend this movie!

Teen, 14 years old Written byJust reviewing films November 13, 2018

Never seen a better film!

Great music, message, and acting! I personally think anyone who loves Queen or not will love this film! I adored everything. All though the film is PG 13 I think that the sexual content could be an issue for more sensitive viewers. Freddie Mercury is very active at showing off his sexuality & has a heavy drinker, so if your a bit sensitive to those topics it's not for you but the acting, music, atmosphere, and everything else is absolutely perfect! I honestly wouldn't change a thing on this beautiful film❤

Teen, 16 years old Written byLokiStarkLord November 11, 2018

Bohemian rhapsody rocks you

I freaking loved this movie! Brings out emotions and gets Freddie’s struggle across, great messages of teamwork and self-acceptance

Teen, 15 years old Written byNadia Cloud November 8, 2018

Good movie with sequencing problems.

Bohemian Rhapsody is a fun movie with great music. However, there were some sequencing problems which made the film kind of confusing. I recommend this for twelve and older because of language and younger kids will have a herd time picking up on the plot.

Teen, 17 years old Written byhannahhell November 5, 2018

very good!

Teen, 17 years old Written bymaudratay December 11, 2018

Great Cast, Storyline, and Directing

This movie was absolutely fantastic. Rami Malek, along with the rest of the cast, did a fantastic job portraying the original Queen band members. The story line was amazingly developed and I could not have been more impressed. This truly was one of the best movies I have seen in a while and I strongly recommend it to everyone.
Teen, 13 years old Written byelevenseggos011 December 10, 2018

ONE OF THE GREATEST MOVIES EVER!

i went and saw this with my dad and i absolutely loved it! i really love queen so i wanted to see this. sure this is gay kissing in this but if you dont get weird about stuff like that, you''l be fine. there is a fair amount of language but i was okay with it. i definitely reccomend this movie to all queen fans and music fans!

Kid, 12 years old December 9, 2018

A great film for tweens

This movie is an amazing movie!Though it does include some foul language and suggestive scenes,it is an amazing outlook on the life of Freddie Mercury,as well as the history of the legendary Queen.

Teen, 16 years old Written byCharlton2049 December 3, 2018