Kid reviews for Bolt

Bolt Poster Image

Super-dog adventure is fun, and age-appropriate for kids.

1 person found this helpful.
Explosions galore in funny, witty actioner.

Humor, Action, Heart, An Alright Pixar Original

I thought this film was awesome when it first came out. Since I was a kid who loved dogs and superheroes, it was basically everything I could ask for. Now that I'm older, I don't like it quite as much as I used to. The violence is alright for kids, there is no swearing, and basically zero sexuality. It's also got heart, humor, and engaging action. It's certainly something entertaining for the young'uns. (continue for more detail) Before I diss on this rather good movie, I'm going to point out the qualities that make it a Pixar classic: First, the humor. Rhino is hilarious! His dorkiness and attempt at awesomeness is dandy! I also liked the evil soldiers due to their portrayal as being not the sharpest tool in the shed (Despite the fact that they are armed with sharp claws.). There is a scene where dogs greet each other by sniffing each others' butts, but that is the worst part and is something that is natural for dogs. That may need to be explained though to children for they may not understand. Second, the cinematography. Sure it's an older movie, but the animation is still great and the action is impressive. The explosions were impressive, and so were the rest of the action scenes. Third, the animation. The minute details like hair, fur, and styrofoam are pretty impressive. I also like how cartoony everything is. Fourth, the heart. Ya can't have a Pixar film without some sort of sweet message and sob-scene. I didn't cry, not because I didn't feel the emotions, but because I don't cry over fictional movies. And last, the characters. Bolt is a protective, skilled dog who cares for and loves those close to him. Mittens is a little selfish, but she also is caring. Penny loves her dog and returns what he gives her. Rhino... Now Rhino, he's just great. Not only because he's one of those admirable characters that bring laughter, but he's also inspirational. Now, I really didn't give this movie four out of five stars because it was too cheesy for my taste. That's it. Other than that, it is a pretty decent film.

good fun action type movie

This is a really good movie with lots of fun action. the main scary type bit is towards the end with the treat of the fire.

Its Fine.

It's kinda a baby movie, but otherwise it's fine. Good for all ages. It's a good family movie.

A courageous dog goes on a quest to save his human!

BOLT is full of good jokes, and lots of fast action! I especially loved the hamster in his clear ball running around and being brave and silly!

dog

it is a bit scary.

Meh.

I don't love this movie. It is kind of bland for a family movie. Pick something else.

Great but too violent

Great movie I think. Will be nice if it was less violent.

AWESOME!

I think movie is a bit scary,but the rest of the movie is a lot of cute cooperation.