Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Boogeyman

A bloated 86 minutes of overzealous spookiness.

Parent Written byPlague October 20, 2010

Boogeyman

Ultimately boring. CSM should add a "why did this movie ever manage to spawn its exsistance" concern button.
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

Not bad

As horror flicks go, this one's worth watching.
Adult Written byMichael Sladek November 8, 2014

Suspensefully Creepy

This movie will definitely be giving kids nightmares!! This movie has a lot of violence and gore, lesbian kissing, and mild language.

Adult Written bydudeman123 April 9, 2008

ok

this is an ok movie i have seen better endings but it's preety scary -12 caution
Adult Written bydudelydad2 April 9, 2008

stupid but ok also

this is a scary movie but had no plot and a lame ending this was just like non-stop voilence with absolutely no story the whole movie i spent time covering my 11 year old's eyes
Adult Written byjennbeau April 9, 2008

HAD my eyes covered!!! LOL

WOW can you say keep the lights on for this one!!!! LOL I would not rate this only pg-13 but not go as far as r maybe like a pg-15 LOL I definately dont think my 11 year old could have watched it at all!! It will be quite a few years before he sees this one!! But it was a good scary one!!
Adult Written byNassir L. June 8, 2018

Here comes the Boogeyman.

An interesting story about a monster in a closet. I guess those who experienced this fear when they were younger will finally have a change to overpass it. I think it’ll be okay with young teens, there are a few jump scares but nothing to spooky, I think it is a good scary movie for young ones.
Adult Written bya_rayment April 9, 2008

Truly scary, one of the better horror movies!

Okay. First up, this is definatley a 16+ movie. There is no lnaguage at all, it is extremeley scary, there is a bondage scene where a guy gets mummified in saran wrap and dies of loss of air from the wrap over his mouth (HE is sexually excited and the guy is really wrapped so he enjoyed it!) and there is violence!