Kid reviews for Booksmart

Superb, smart teen comedy has drinking, strong sex talk.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymatthewm_06 June 12, 2019

Booksmart Review

Smart, funny teen comedy! The acting was great, the chemistry between two two leads is great, and it was very funny. Would definitely recommend for teens 14 to 15 because some of the content is a little mature.

Teen, 15 years old Written byWILLWESSON June 8, 2019

Well Drawn Out

This movie was very unique, but the acting wasn't as hilarious as the scripts. There were scenes not appropriate for kids, but it was full of top notch comedy and humor. I'd say 13 and up would tolerate this title.

Teen, 14 years old Written bypoptart87 July 12, 2019

Fantastic.

Such a funny, fun, fast-paced, beautifully shot and all-around fantastic comedy.

I really don't know why there are certain people on this site saying "18+ boycott it"... your 12 year olds have heard and seen worse stuff at school.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybubbly.darling June 2, 2019

One of the funniest films I’ve seen in years

It is extremely funny and clever. The characters are not one dimensional or cliche. There is no reason why I wouldn’t recommend this film.

Teen, 16 years old Written bykittyheartRaiders65 July 5, 2019

Mature 14+

After watching this movie in theaters twice I am confident to say that this comedy movie is perfect for 14-year-olds. Not only is the story great but it includes a strong plot about accepting who you are for your sexuality and body image. There are scenes of a high school party and one part where two girls have there first-time in a bathroom but other wise than that nothing 'terrible' for children is in it. Great movie!

Teen, 14 years old Written byMoviecritic1012 August 8, 2019

Gripping coming of age comedy

This film is superb. The two lead actresses, Beanie Feldstein and Kaitlyn Dever brilliantly act out what it’s like to be a teenager in modern society. Parents be aware that the film does have sexual references and teen drinking, but nothing a mature teenager can’t handle.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMonkeyPerson July 22, 2019