Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Boundaries

Indie road-trip dramedy has pot dealing/smoking.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written byMrWordNerd October 30, 2018

Few Bright Moments, Generally Tedious and Too Many F-Bombs

Eight F-bombs in the first five minutes, then I lost count; lots of other profanities, and the film did not need any foul language! I'm OK with an appropriately placed expletive once in a while, but frequent gratuitous foul language is a turn off. I laughed a couple of times, but often was waiting to be pleasantly surprised. Biggest surprise was that this film was a big let down. Can't recommend.

Adult Written byRuralwannabe July 14, 2018

Will require discussions about scoff laws

As a kidless adult, both me and my husband enjoyed this movie. It hits many excellent family threads, why family counts, what happens if yours doesn't work, how to deal with it in a positive way, etc. Had to come back to add a comment on a scene that I had forgotten: the boy has a talent for art and his way to annoy adults is to draw them nude. There is a quick shot of a drawing of his Dad nude with full frontal nudity, just brief enough to recognize it for what it is, and it can be quite startling. I believe people should become accustomed to nudity that is not of a sexual nature, so I think this is fine for children over 16. Might cause some uncomfortable questions. On the other hand, it shows pot selling, which at the time it transpires (though it may be already legal by the time you see this movie) it was illegal. Many believe it shouldn't be illegal, and it is in many states legal already, but it is clear that in this situation, it is not. It also involves a teenager in making decisions on whether to participate based on conflicting messages from important adults. It is thought provoking and for a healthy semi-mature or mature brain, it does not present it as a viable activity, it also shows the adverse and unintended consequences of thinking you are either above the law or not going to get caught. For a mature teen, it could show different attitudes and the results of those attitudes. It was also entertaining, and the acting and scenery were good. A well spent hour and a half. As an added note, it also shows how difficult it can be to be a single parent.