Kid reviews for Boys Don't Cry

Excellent but brutal drama examines life of transsexual man.

Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 14, 2011

imprssive film is not for kids

What to watch out for * Messages: While the film is sympathetic to Brandon, some characters express strong homophobic sentiments. * Violence: A graphic murder. * Sex: Brutal sexual assault, sex scenes. * Language: Very strong language. * Consumerism: Not an issue. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Plenty of substance abuse (pot and alcohol).

Teen, 13 years old Written bykidcritic April 9, 2008

NC-17. You Must Be Kidding?

Boys Don’t Cry tells the incredible groundbreaking story of Brandon Teena, a transgendered teen who related to a male identity even though was born female. I cant even get over how well crafted this film was, it had everything most films these days lack and that’s a story that moves and persuades people with every last minute of life that can protrude out of it. But there is one thing that also makes me mad when I see this film and that is the fact that it received a NC-17 rating because of the “graphic” (barley) lesbian sex. I wasn’t bothered by it. I mean it showed two people in love and basic female pleasure that you usually don’t see in most films. People just need to sometimes set aside their morals when they watch a film. Kudos for writer/director Kimberly Peirce for making her feature film debut with this extravagant Oscar winner. This is a must see for all film buffs. No matter what age.
Teen, 16 years old Written bythefalconater January 3, 2011

Great movie, if you're ready

My mom actually was totally cool with me watching this movie. I think it's because there was way more to it than the small sexual scenes that seem to be the huge turn off for parents. This movie is for those who are mature and can handle it. "Boy's Don't Cry" is a great movie, the acting is spectacular and I commend Hilary Swank for taking on this challenging role. I appreciate the movie entirely, it's a fantastic drama that will leave you speechless.

A tragic and intense movie.

If you are under the age of 17 this movie is NOT for you. My mom was hysterical when she found out i saw this movie. also this movie includes and intense brutal gangrape . I'm the kind of kid that thinks seeing rated "R" movies is fun because they are different, but not this movie. I'm not saying this is a bad movie, it really is very good, just if you're old enough. (the fact that it is based on a true story is also a big part of the utter shock of the movie).
Teen, 15 years old Written byMirene_cs February 15, 2016

Amazing heart wrenching true story

I watched this when I was 14 and thought it was incredible! It was so raw and real it was almost scary. I really recommend it if you have a strong heart and mind, very challenging and tough to watch especially the nudity and explicit scenes.