Kid reviews for Breakfast at Tiffany's

Fabulous, but lots of drinking and cigarettes.

Teen, 13 years old Written byThinker96 November 23, 2009

STOP EXAGGERATING!

What is wrong with you people??? These days kids get offered their first cigarette on average in 3rd grade! Yes, Mickey Rooney's character is totally racist, but that is the ONLY problem with the movie. If you honestly think your child is going to want to become a call girl, alcoholic, or smoker, then fine, don't let them watch it. This movie is FANTASTIC. It deals with some serious subject, but in a very mild manner. I saw this movie when I was 11, and I was not at all naive, but I didn't quite get that Audrey was a call girl, it's so mild. And the sexual content is that 2.E. is cheating on her husband with Paul, which he breaks off, and we see him shirtless (which no one should be complaining about if your child has seen Twilight) once. I have no clue what this "kissing/groping" person is talking about. There are about 2 kisses and groping is NOT involved unless you call putting your arms around someone groping. At this time period people didn't really know how damaging smoking and drinking(excessively) were to your health. Plus, it's JUST A MOVIE. If your kid wants their life to be like Holly's(which wasn't much until she loved Paul back) then they have problems that have nothing to do with the content of this movie. It's your decision, but this movie is AMAZING.

Kid, 11 years old May 18, 2011

The Best Movie Ever

How is this innapropriate? I love love love this movie, it's my favorite movie ever. Holly Golightly/ Audrey Hepburn is the epitimome of elegance, glamour, and sophistication. It is touching and romantic, without being like Twilight or My Sister's Keeper. It's really sweet. I think this should required watching for every child to learn grace and elegance. It is wonderful.

Teen, 14 years old Written byramalama_dingdo... June 11, 2009

Classic, Original, and Adorable

This is my favorite movie in the entire world. I love Audrey Hepburn! This movie is not inappropriate at all. Mickey Rooney's character is a Japanese man, so he played a Japanese man. And the kissing is not grotsque. It's sweet and passionate. The hint a being a call girl might classified as crude, but if you're too young to understand what it means, it shouldn't bother you. Fantastic movie :)

....

this movie is amazing i dont see why people are saying it's innapropriot it's nothing people my age havent heard about before. kids know more about sex then adults think. besides somebody said this movie is to graphic for kids? the worst thing they show is paul with his shirt off. like nobody's ever seen that. and this person said it was innaproptiot because they were kissing? most people our ago HAVE kissed guys before so i don't see why parents have a problem with us watching it when we have already done it. i think this is a great movie for age 10 and up.
Teen, 17 years old Written byKatnissArrow5 January 14, 2015

Really Good Movie for Sleepovers, etc

I LOVE Audrey Hepburn... I have watched all of her movies and Breakfast at Tiffany's is what she is known for :D So.. Audrey plays this Glamorous Escort which if your a kid talk to your parents...That job is sexy itself. They go to a bar and watch a girl strip, showing her bare back and takes off her bra... NOT ACCEPTABLE!! tons of smoking (which was popular in the 50s and 60s...and drinking like I said they go to a bar and have a drinking party...I really hope im not the one who was kinda like "Dude your old and Holly is only like 20..." when Doc Golightly came to NYC...She was 13 when she got married to him and he was like 36... So ya ;) hope you enjoyed my review and hopefully it helps

Kid, 8 years old April 7, 2018
This movie was fantastic.I watched the first 25 minutes which bored me to tears but the rest was fantastic.

Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2017

Breakfast at Tiffany's

Breakfast at Tiffany's is an old 1961 classic that stars popular actress Audrey Hepburn. The movie revolves around romance, drinking and smoking, and sex. The most sexiest scene is where a lady starts stripping off her clothes. Luckily, she only gets to her bras and knickers before the scene stops. There are many scenes with drinking and smoking. One of those scenes is where a lady drinks too much alcohol and becomes drunk and flops onto the ground. Another scene is where Holly also becomes drunk. Most of the time Holly is seen smoking as well with an old-type of smoke pipe, that was normally used for fashion and things like that. I think this movie is fine for those who are 12 and up because of the use of sex in it. My star rating is 4 out of 5.

Loved It, But Thought it Should be rated R.

i have been wanting to see this movie and I had a movie marathon and Breakfast on Tiffany's was one of the movies I rented. I thought it would be fine and so did my parents but i was wrong. The drinking is the main thing I thought was innapropriate. Heavy drinking and heavy smoking. There was also sexual content and innuendo. I don't think an 11 year old should be watching this yet. it is also very hard to understand. I think it is okay for 14 and up.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 May 4, 2013

Classic and vastly stylish, watch out for Rooney

Mickey Rooney's unbelievably racist Asian stereotype is one of the first things in the movie, and it's just played for comic relief, but let your kids know that this was a different era and just an excuse for a laugh. But the chemistry between Holly and Paul is dynamic, and the story is thoroughly entertaining, even with some silly moments. Tweens will enjoy!

Teen, 14 years old Written bymiranda1993 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byjusticeleague10 March 31, 2018
I think this isn't a bad movie. The title didn't really help the movie, and I don't think that there was really a message to the story. But it was still a good movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheparanoidreviewer March 27, 2018

Not too bad

There wasn't really any sort of message this movie was trying to convey, there wasn't *actually* any violence, no profanity to found either. The sex element was really loose. Just a slight strip tease. Nothing abnormal. There are few sequences with drinking where some people (including the main character) actually get noticeably drunk but the only drugs was your average smoking. Nothing heavy or anything special. Personally I enjoyed the movie and it really wasn't that bad. Some parts were quite boring while other times it was entertaining.