Parent and Kid Reviews on

Breaking Movie Poster
Our Review

Based on 3 kid reviews

Sort by:

This emotional moving story left me speechless and also in tears. John Boyega’s acting is absolutely outstanding. Also loved that he read the Bible and prayed☺️☺️

Important messages in this highly convincing bank 'heist' drama

This movie is very driving and emotional with the help of the phenomenal John Boyega and concludes with important facts the most people are unaware of. It also raises awareness about homeless people and all the different reasons they could be in that situation besides our immediate assumptions, which I appreciated. It was incredibly frustrating at moments and overall a sad story (warning if you're unfamiliar with the real events). All maturity content was low except for language which wasn't terrible. 2, maybe 3 f-words, one barely audible "sh*t," two uses of "b*tch" and a few "damn"s. God's name may have been used only a couple times if at all, I'm not sure. A scared woman urinates and you see the urine wet the floor under her. Someone is shot but the impact isn't shown. Blood puddles and smears are shown afterword but not much of the body. Someone smokes and later asks for a pack of cigarettes. Overall a very enjoyable movie, 4/5 stars. I'd recommend this to mature people 13+ for some language and themes.