All parent member reviews for Bride Wars

Adult Written bysmartmom2879 March 6, 2009

No appropriate for tweens

I took my 12 yr old daughter to see this and it was the most embarrassed I have ever been. It was a cute movie till the bachellorette scene. Men dancing around in hot shorts with dollar bills haning out. Drinking and swinging on stripper ropes. Provokitive dancing, dress, and actions. That 5 minute scene ruined the whole movie.
Adult Written bynutmeg_7 July 19, 2009

Shouldn't Be PG

I personally thought it was adorable, nonetheless fairly predictable...Although it should not have been rated PG. The dance scene at the bar and the bachelorette party stripper are not kid-friendly.
Adult Written byyellowmom January 10, 2009

Fun for a girl's night out, but not a kid!

This movie made my friend and I laugh, but I sure wouldn't take kids. Unless you're ready to explain to them why the male dancers are stripping, the female is swinging from a rope and they are grinding together, I wouldn't bring anyone under 15 for sure. I really question the PG rating. There are just a couple of swear words, but enough drinking that would make me uncomfortable to have a young person along.
Parent of a 9, 13, and 15 year old Written bychrisakeith January 13, 2009

Funny but should this only be PG?

A funny movie. I thought Anne Hathaway was a more believable character than Kate Hudson but they played off of each other pretty well. Overall, the movie was enjoyable. I was disturbed for the 2nd time lately that I had taken my 9 year old son. Since when is "Mother-F" and "G-damn" in PG movies? I also don't remember the male strippers in The Chronicals of Narnia, Speed Racer, Kung Fu Panda or Journey to the Center of the Earth, all PG movies. Marley and Me and now Bride Wars has changed what PG movies now represent. Be careful if you have young children and think this movie will be appropriate because it is PG.
Parent Written byMusic/Movies July 25, 2013

Some mild sexual scenes, drinking and language - but clean for tweens

Sex: *There are some male strippers but they only remove shirts and pants to reveal shorts. *Women and men dance sexually, some in bras and skimpy outfits. *There are some couples that kiss a few times, but the kisses don't last long. *Engaged couples sleep together and cuddle. *A dance teacher says he brings sex. ----- Violence: *Two brides fight for about thirty seconds. They toss and turn but nobody is harmed ----- A use of "eff" but not the actual F word, three b*tches, and some milder stuff ------ Couples drink wine and girls drink at bars, but nobody ever gets drunk or drinks too much
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo July 16, 2011

Ugh...

Pointless chick flick. Not for younger girls and boys will flee. I just don't see the point in teaching petty, ridiculous, selfish behavior that is displayed by two over-dramatic, caricatures of women.
Adult Written byhelenmirrenrox May 26, 2011

bw

Swears B----, a--, mother eff, and some loud yells A woman jumps on a nother and wrestle a man says sex, some bad dance moves and kisses and bras podect placement dresses drinking people being sabitoged, but they make up
Parent of a 13 year old Written bybrianna4209 August 29, 2010

Parent of a 7, 9, 13, and 14 year old Written byMrRobert5823 August 3, 2009

Educator Written byfif May 8, 2009

Predictable plot w/ some humor

Has funny moments and it's very predictable, but I think that's what they were going for. Minor swearing, but one scene at the bacholerette party was a little awkward. Probably should have been a little closer to a PG-13. Not for younger kids.
Educator Written byCSM Screen Name... May 1, 2009

An okay chick flick

I found it humorous but endearing in the sense of the lesson learned about friends.
Adult Written byCSM Official Profile April 28, 2009

Parent of a 8 and 13 year old Written byKPmom January 18, 2009

I laughed and shed a few tears...

OK, I read the other reviews and hesitated seeing this movie. I went with 2 other moms and our daughters. Yes, there is some language and the strippers...but the dance off by the brides takes over the scene and you forget about the guys. I was not thrilled with how mean the 2 friends got towards each other and didn't find alot of it as funny as some in the theater. But at the end of the movie, the moms and I found ourselves shedding a few tears; and I personally thought the ending was exactly how it should have been...you could see it comming for the most part...but I left the theater pleased I had gone.
Adult Written byjoolz_43344 January 14, 2009

should be rated different

I personally didn't like the movie very much because of the ending. I don't want to ruin it for those who haven't seen it. But, if they do make a sequal, I'm definately not going to see it!