Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Bridesmaids

Crude but sincere comedy about friendship and confidence.

Adult Written byjensc213 May 25, 2011

Great for Girls (adult) night out - but I won't be letting my 16yr old go!

I thought it was absolutely hilarious. However, it would have been just as great without the F-word and C-word. The F-word was used again and again, and again...ridiculous. The opening scene made me very uncomfortable and that doesn't happen very often.

Adult Written byandyalways May 14, 2011

very funny-ok for older teens

really,really funny. went w/younger teens. sex scene at the beginning of movie and word c**t were the only really cringe-worthy parts. the other language was stuff they already have heard.the ladies were very funny and we all enjoyed the film.

Adult Written byadelebt May 15, 2011

More offensive and cliched than it had to be - a disappointment

I'm open minded and fairly liberal, but I found this movie sad and disgusting in its' over the top sexual references, certainly nothing I would want my son or daughter to be influenced by, even if they were 18- 25. Some of the dialogue was just depravity passing for humor, which makes me concerned for our culture. I see almost every big movie that comes out, one or two a week, and this one was a disappointment, for it could have been a great movie if they hadn't felt the need to push the envelope to see how shocking they could make it - they tried too hard, which ruined it for me. There were some truly funny and enjoyable moments, but they were outweighed by the negatives, in my opinion.

Parent of a 17 year old Written byesalll May 20, 2011

;)

best movie ever i think u should let emily and amanda watch it

Adult Written bymovielover9080 June 16, 2016

Let your kids see!!

So, I am normally very skeptical about letting my 14 and 15 year old kids watch R or unrated movies but, this one is different. It's such a great movie, though there is a semi-innapropriate part I think it is MORE than acceptable for children's viewing. It provides good role models and elements of trust, friendship, honesty, comedy, and kindness. HIGHLY recommend it! My whole family loves it.

Parent of a 10 and 14 year old Written byluvinsk May 15, 2011

Perfect for ADULTS but not l

Absolutely, LOVED this movie, but saw it with my adult girlfriends and we were shocked speechless at times.

Parent of a 11 year old Written byalanps July 20, 2011

Crude but nonetheless a very good movies

One of the best movies I have seen in a long while - endearing, funny and surprisingly complex (emotionally). The language and sense of humor though are crude so be warned.

Adult Written byM&M1995 July 28, 2014

Amusing comedy flick never gets old, but is high on sex and swears.

The film opens with a three minute long sex scene (sensitive parts are not shown) that is played for laughs but is quite uncomfortable to sit through. There is another scene where Kristen Wiig's character is carried into the bedroom by a cop, and they make out and begin to take off their clothes -- sex is implied when they wake up in the same bed together the next morning. Moreover, there is a scene where she is in bed with her boyfriend and he touches and squeezes her breasts (she is wearing a bra) while making sexual (yet humorous) remarks. There is a particular scene where two of the bridesmaids kiss. Also, one of them discusses how her husband doesn't satisfy her enough. The film has a generous amount of curse words that are either directed at another character, or as general exclamations (f*ck, sh*t, bitch... a young girl is called the c-word after a heated exchange, a mother yells at her boys and hurls insults at them). At one point in the movie, Wiig's character literally goes insane at her friend's bridal shower and she completely trashes the backyard. Additionally, her rival slips a drug into her drink while onboard an airplane, causing her to become erratic in her behavior. Several scenes take place at a bar, and the characters drink wine and other types of alcohol. In the end, the bridesmaids learn to put their differences aside and remain harmonious for the sake of their friend's wedding day. The characters themselves are not the greatest of role models though, as they display jealous and devious personality traits.

Parent of a 8 year old Written byDaphne Church September 28, 2011

Don't bother

I was extremely disappointed in this film, and in fact, my son asked "when is this going to get funny?". There is WAY too much sex and sexual innuendos in this film for any "child" to see, so I completely concur with this review. This is really meant for adults. But even then, I would pass. The women roles in this film are just too flick-chick cliche and do not present them in a positive light. This needed to go through at least 4 more rewrites before it made it to the screen, which is a shame because pulling off the female version of the Hangover would have been a refreshing treat.

Adult Written byjeannebean June 14, 2011

Bridesmaids bomb

I really wanted to like this movie, as I think Kristin Wiig is just great. However, Judd Apatow just ruined another movie for me by aspiring to the lowest common denominator once again: Casual, graphic and degrading hookups (Wiig is greeted by Jon Hamm's character by ("Hey, _uckbuddy!"), really bad language (_ unt) and disgusting bathroom humor (defecating in the sink!??) were gratuitious and unnecessary as the overall theme and message are really pretty good. There were some laugh out loud funny scenes with Wiig, but overall, this movie isn't one that I really enjoyed or want my 16 year old to see. There is enough garbage in the world already and I am sad that I paid to support more of it.

Adult Written byDasGinatron November 6, 2011

Best. Comedy. Ever. =)

This is my most favorite comedy/chick flick ever! Bridesmaids is funny from the very first scene to the last. Still, it is a comedy for older teens and adults. While being a hilarious comedy, it is not a movie for the immature or for the early teens emotionally and hormonally growing.

Adult Written byTimsArmyWifey June 7, 2011

Just Don't....

This was a total waste of time and money! Yes the main characters are sweet and work through their issues in the end, the plot has merit but the trappings that go with it are so unnecessary! Way to much explicit everything! Felt like I needed to shower after watching this ....was hoping for a funny, sweet movie about friends which this could have been instead of a raunchy, disgusting, 3yo potty humor type movie with way to much language and sex protrayed as nothing special.

Parent of a 2, 5, 7, and 8 year old Written byjennwhitmer June 2, 2011

Adults only!

This movie is funny and wildly inappropriate! It covers a lot of uncomfortable humor while still having a message of you a responsible for your life. Expect the language and sex that comes with an R rating. Hook-ups, booty calls, and "f***buddies" all mentioned and shown. First scene is about 6 different sexual positions. Families of older teens can discuss how unfullfilling casual sex is and the low self-esteem and poor treatment the main character allows in her life as well as rejecting someone who does treat her well.

Adult Written byhibbert6 May 27, 2011

What are your values?

If you want kids to think that cheap, non-committal pre-marital sex is OK, even for consenting adults, then take them. But that's not the message I want to give my son. My wife and I thought, 15 minutes in to the movie, that it was DUMB, but it got a whole lot better. :) The lead character is digging a hole for herself and it keeps getting deeper. A surprise toward the end brings a smile and drives the point home that one can't blame the world for one's problems and must take responsibility for getting out of the holes we create. Kind of like an "After-School - Special" for grownups, but not for kids.

Adult Written byLucy I. October 25, 2016

A waste of time

Good idea, bad performance

Parent of a 14 year old Written bysetsie1 October 30, 2011

Shhh! I let my kid watch it.

This film is completely inappropriate. The opening scene is pretty graphic and not for pre-teens. The R rating is earned. It was too bad the casual, 'feel bad about yourself' scene was extended but a more caring episode was shortened. Almost as if the second deserved privacy. The language is consistantly raunchy but I draw a line between language used abusively and bad language used for comedy. This is the latter. But past the truly gross humor are really interesting female roles. The competition between old and new friends is classic. Anyone that has survived a wedding party of blended friends and family will appreciate these women. There are positive messages about recognizing and keeping good relationships.

Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bygunnerkell June 4, 2011

Vulgar Language Drops My Score

I just wish I could see the same movie without such casual vulgarity. For me, the idea that kids have heard (most of) these words before is not the issue. It is the fact that the language is constant. I grew tired of listening to it. I turned to my husband during the opening sex scene and said, "Well, no need to consider if the kids will be seeing this." The story itself was great, and we loved any scene with Office Rhodes!

Parent of a 17 year old Written byginney48 May 12, 2011
Love it can't wait for release

Adult Written byFariha T. April 22, 2017

BEST MOVIE EVER!

Bridesmaids is one of my most favorite movies, so funny, I love it! It deserves a lot more credit and recognition. Highly recommended watching it if you haven't already.
Adult Written bykhan2705 June 28, 2011

surprisingly good comedy, best R rated comedy lately.

4.5/5 This spring, Universal Pictures and producer Judd Apatow (Knocked Up, The 40-Year-Old Virgin) invite you to experience Bridesmaids. Kristen Wiig leads the cast as Annie, a maid of honor whose life unravels as she leads her best friend, Lillian (Maya Rudolph), and a group of colorful bridesmaids (Rose Byrne, Melissa McCarthy, Wendi McLendon-Covey and Ellie Kemper) on a wild ride down the road to matrimony. Annie's life is a mess. But when she finds out her lifetime best friend is engaged, she simply must serve as Lillian's maid of honor. Though lovelorn and broke, Annie bluffs her way through the expensive and bizarre rituals. With one chance to get it perfect, she'll show Lillian and her bridesmaids just how far you'll go for someone you love. well finally i saw this movie that i couldn't wait to watch. i was so much curious and anticipated to watch this movie since i saw those overwhelming positive reviews that it got mostly by Critics. which literally shocked me to hell since it is a R rated comedy. most of those silly humor doesn't please Critics and me too. i don't like silly comedies too but if a movie no matter which type or genre is actually good then why wouldn't Critics appreciate it. Judd Apatow gave some Critics friendly movies, he is the producer of this movie. this was one of my most anticipated movies this year, i had really high hopes with it and i am so glad to tell you this that it really lived up to my expectations, literally. i was not a regular viewer of Saturday Night Live but use to see it when it was on TV, the repeat telecast. and i am a big fan of these ladies especially Kristen, Maya and obviously Tina. Kristen wiig stands out from the rest of ensemble cast. i really liked her in this movie. i really wish her a great and bright career ahead and hope to see more of her good movies. i hardly remember giving a 4.5 Star rating to any other comedy like this except for dark comedies. this is such a lovely and pleasant surprise from this time. this is story of Annie, she is a bit lonely as far as her love life is. she has a childhood good buddy, Lillian who is going to get married and obviously she is been chose as Maid of Honor. she sees a competition from Helen who is more of a expensive buyer and bizarre girl tries to make differences between them too step by step and during this competition she sees herself loosing her best friend and we see hilarious sequences where troubles breaks out. what happens in the end, not gonna tell. this is not a very fast paced or boring but a slow moving movie that never gets boring or tiring even with a running time of nearly 2 hours. i loved everything that is there in the movie. this movie is one of the most actually funniest movies i have seen lately. i actually laughed alot. in few scenes i had some uncontrollable laughter. this is comedy at its best. hilarious movie with seriously looking humor. i really liked how it is not so much filled with silly gross crude humor. i mean it is there but not completely filled by it. very nicely and intelligently written. in the end it turns towards a bit softer drama that will really touch you. and overall a Chick Flick feel to it. very good direction by Paul Feig. i am really impressed by the writers. really superb job with one of the best written comedies. excellent screenplay, nice plot and story. it may get a bit uneven in the middle but not much that overall effects the movie. nicely done acting by Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph, Rose Byrne, Melissa McCarthy, Wendi McLendon-Covey , Ellie Kemper , Jill Clayburgh , Chris O'Dowd , Rebel Wilson , Mic hael Hitchcock , Matt Lucas , Tim Heidecker , Terry Crews and others. really nice comic timings by everyone. i liked Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph and Melissa McCarthy in it. you will see my favorite good looking and dashing actor Jon Hamm in this movie too with a minor role. i really like him. he has a hilarious sequence with Kristen in the beginning of the movie. it has other good things too. i would definitely recommend you this most delightful lovable and excellent comedy of the year. i must say there are many R rated comedies coming this year and this movie has set a bar. i am not sure most of them would be able to reach it. Do Watch guys.