Parent reviews for Bridget Jones's Baby

Bridget Jones's Baby Poster Image

Whut (deliberately spelled that way)

I feel like they shamed her curvier body from the previous two movies (5'4" at 136 lbs. is not fat, she didn't look fat) and as someone who genuinely is overweight but doesn't have the trouble with romance like Bridget complains about, it's quite offensive. Also where her mother turns over a new progressive leaf? It feels she was using all these queer folks and people of color as ornaments, would be much better if Bridget came over and saw her mother chortling obnoxiously with a diverse bunch of people as annoying as she is (that would be better). Bridget Jones's White Feminism (also does Bridget become another run of the mill stay at home mom like her friends?)

Amazing

I have enjoyed all of the Bridget Jones movies and this one was just as great. There are swear words and sex but if your confortable with that kind of thing then you will love this movie.

Raunchy

This movie is pretty much one *f* word right after the other, and when there's no f-words, there are sex jokes in between. I'm surprised this movie got such a high review from Common Sense Media and makes me wonder what other movies they might recommend that I would prefer to stay away from? The excessive swearing, sex jokes, sex scene is not meant for children. Keep your childrens innocence and don't let them watch this movie!

Nice

Actually, I think kids above the age of thirteen can watch this movie. Sure, it has strong content and the movie revolves around a woman who gets pregnant and doesn't know who the father is but, tell me which 13 year old doesn't know about sex? Also, the searing makes the movie look normal and original. Every kid above the age of 10 know the "f-word". It was a nice experience.

Great movie, shame about the F*** words

There is so much good stuff in this movie. It's an engaging story. The characters are real. Generally a great soundtrack. It's well acted and often hilarious. And yet, I considered walking out of the movie in the first 15 minutes, which I have't done since I sneaked in to watch Platoon when I was under 18... The movie has Bridget sleeping with a couple of different people in a matter of days, but that wasn't my problem. The problem was the language. I didn't take any children, but I was surprised by the swearing. There were over 20 F-words, as well as a multitude of other swearing. It included the song 'F- you'. I felt that the swearing changed the feel of the movie from the original two movies. It made me feel awkward and embarrassed, and it didn't feel necessary. It didn't add anything to the movie; it felt a bit out of place. Even more so than the F-words at the start of Four Weddings and a Funeral. Would I watch the movie again? Probably (because there was so much good stuff in the movie, and it was very funny). Would I prefer that it hadn't had so much swearing in it in the first place? Definitely. Do I hope otherwise good movies don't continue in this direction? Definitely.