Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Bug

Paranoid horror/thriller is too intense for kids.

Adult Written byIlovebilly April 9, 2008

Worst Movie I've seen yet!!!

I am Greatly dissapointed that Ashley Judd would have anything to do with this movie. This move was just AWFUL!! It was weird and disgusting! They didn't even explain anything in the movie. It was just all around weird.
Adult Written byabernal April 9, 2008

It sucks!!!

let me tell you something, this movie was really unpleasant. It is not scary, but it's really nasty. I dont know what was the director thinking about when he made this movie. It's that bad that I had to get a re-admission for another movie because i did'nt enjoyed this movie. Dont waste your money on trash I'm serious. I think the director will get a nobel prize for the most stupid movie of all the times. Im on a pissed mood. So now you know.
Adult Written byreene0225 April 9, 2008

IT Was TErrible......

This movie was absolutely horrible.I watched most of it in awe of how stupid these people could actually be. When the lady started screaming I Am Super Queen Bug at the top of her lungs I just said nope. It was the worst movie of the year (2007 and 2008). Possibly the worst movie of my life.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bycolten97 October 10, 2012

Intense and Unique

Certainly not for everyone...but if you appreciate completely unique and intense cinema...check it out. I am so impressed by Ashley Judd, who I always liked, but had no idea of her range and courage. The film is very disturbing...I would describe it as a dark comedy that gets darker and darker and darker...calling it horror is too limited although there are horror elements to it. It reminds me of Cronenberg or early Polanski. But comparisons don't really do it justice. It's exciting to see that there are directors that still have guts. I was exhilarated and disturbed by the end of this film. I recommend it highly to anyone who wants something different and powerful.

Adult Written bytwavis April 9, 2008

do not see this movie

just a tip to anyone who may be interested in seeing the movie "bug", DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY OR TIME, this was with out a doubt one of the worst movies i have ever seen. horrible cinematography, slow, terrible plot.....if there was one. and it seemed as if it would never end. DO NOT SEE THIS MOVIE
Adult Written byriddle April 9, 2008

terrible movie

This movie was so bad i did not even finish it. I was very disappointed that Ashley Judd is in this movie.
Adult Written bytwilightkilla April 9, 2008
Adult Written byCrystals W. November 27, 2017

Calm down it was ok

Everyone is saying how much they hate this movie that it was downright horrible that is not true it was an okay movie it wasn't amazing like other movies but it shouldn't be in the horror category or thriller more like psychological . Sci fi type ..... it sure isn't for kids because it shows nudity and violence... pretty much this movie is about a girl that meets a guy that is not all there in his head. Making a woman already mentally unstable believe that she actually really d have bugs under her skin and pretty much this guy makes her crazy and that's about it...