Kid reviews for Buried

Buried Poster Image

The scariest movie I have ever seen

I have seen horror movies before, and they are scary but the kind of scary that you jump and then are maybe nervous around sewer drains for the next couple of weeks.. this movie was scary to the point where I watched it a year ago and still haven’t gotten over it. I cried for twenty minutes when it ended and I do not cry in movies.. ok maybe once in frozen 2 BUT THATS BESIDES THE POINT! It’s eye opening, but horrifying in a completely different way than any other movie I’ve ever seen. Besides the point that it’s scary.. it’s absolutely beautiful and very well filmed. The fact that there can be a two hour movie in the exact same place with one character and one on the phone and I be on the edge of my seat the entire time says something. Definitely one of my favorite movies of all time and I highly recommend it. It’s just very hard to watch.

''Buried'' its a great film very well made very nerv wracking to watch.

I would recommend it for older children 14+ as younger children may not understand the story and the messages it is sending and there are quite a lot of upsetting sens.

Know your Teen

This movie contains one Gorey scene, one disturbing scene, and a couple of depressing scenes. This movie's mostly rated R (MA in aus) because of the language. A Few F Bombs and a couple a S Bombs. Overall an Excellent movie, definitely watch with your TEEN, no kids under 12.

Loved The Movie, Not The Language.

Although this is a tempting movie, the language is VERY inappropriate. It realy wasn't intended to be watched by little eyes. As far as the language goes, if he/she is old enough to be mature about the language, then the small amount of violence and gritty scenes should be less of a problem. There IS however, a sense of a positive message. You can overcome any obsticle in your way if you calmly think through it and never think of giving up as a possibility. Non of the less, language is the biggest issue here.

Very well done thriller is realistic in panic and tension, but extremely depressing and disturbing

Buried is a nerve rattlingly claustrophobic thriller which is diffintely not for the...well...claustrophobic! While there really isn't all that much violence, there is a constant feeling of death and dread, and not to mention the scene where the main charatcre cuts his thumb off and another scene wherer a woman is shot in the head on-screen. Also, there is frequent strong profanity with many uses of the F-word and even one use of the infamous C--t. Finally, the ending is definitely not suitable for children and could prove to be extremely depressing and disturbing for many.

Dissapointing

(Spoiler alert!) Very disturbing and twisty. Probably like Saw although i havent seen Saw. Viewers see a photo of a girl being tortured with a rag in her mouth, to make the main character make a ransom video. A video shows the same girl asking for help, then a gun comes up and shoots her in the head, and she falls. Another shows the main character cutting off his finger, through the cell phone lens. Very intense. The main character ends up dieing in the end, whick blows the movies entire plot, to try to get him out of there.

scary

Buried

Well someone buried him alive and someone tried to save him so there are good and bad role models. He had to do violent things so that he had a chance of escaping. He uses the f word alot too. I expected more. Though it was OK. IT WAS NOT SCARY! DO NOT THINK THIS IS A HORROR! But do you want to know if he lives or dies? I ain't tellin' so rent it.

This breath-taking thriller is very well made, great acting from Ryan Reynolds! I can say that this movie is very different then others, the way it's made, the plot, the script... After this movie i just can't watch any other movie, after what i have just experienced with this movie. Very intense and very sad ending, it made me so angry

Buried Movie Review

Buried is a twisted, claustrophobic thriller starring Ryan Reynolds as a man trapped in a coffin underground. From the opening scene filmed completely in darkness, we understand that this is not your standard action movie. It is instead, a horror picture in disguise, where the villians are never on-screen, and the protagonist faces an impending sense of doom. The beauty of the film is that it places us directly in the coffin with Reynolds, and never lets us out during its 90 minute run time. As he scrambles around and gasps for air in his wooden prison, so do we. This is a film primarily for older teens, perhaps those who can handle the likes of "Saw" and "The Sixth Sense." It is interesting and provocative, something that people will probably have a lot to say about afterwards. (Side Note: There is a fair bit of swearing involved, as well as a few instances of bloody violence)