All teen and kid member reviews for But I'm a Cheerleader

Teen, 13 years old Written bybiangel424 July 14, 2010
Sexuality is not wrong or theres got to be something wrong with me
Teen, 15 years old Written bymanya November 30, 2008

Could be watched by mature teens

I am 15 and I don't totally understand why this movie has such a bad rating. I didn't find anything too bad about it. There is one sex scene, but it is VERY tastefully done and you can't see too much besideds kissing. It is a comedy, and I think you can't take this movie too seriously. There are a few curse words, but anyone who would watch this wouldn't be shocked by them. If you are a parent and your teen wants to watch this, I would watch some of it first and see if you think they are mature enough. It could open up a good conversation about homophobia.
Teen, 15 years old Written byStaceytheNerd September 21, 2014

Satire is my life

This is a fantastic movie - as long as you/your child understands the point of satire. Like, the parents are horrible role models and the main character's friends are also judgemental and if your child is the type to copy behaviours out of film and tv make sure you explain that homophobia is unaccpetable. But the actually heart of the film is lovely - homosexuality is clearly not a changeable factor and it is always unfair to expect someone to change to fit into a discriminative society (unless you are a serial killer or something). I loved it and it was a great laugh - poking fun at camps that try to change a person's sexuality.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytigirl97 April 3, 2012

You are who you are

Great film. Teaches people you are who you are.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhaithurmiranda May 20, 2009
amazing movie for teens my age. my mom suggested this for me to watch with my gay best friend. it was a huge laugh-fest. all in all, i love any movie that pokes fun at religion.
Teen, 15 years old Written byemily_iero August 11, 2014
Teen, 16 years old Written byjm97 December 15, 2013

Cute!

I heard a lot of people talking about this movie so I decided to give it a try. I was very entertained! It wasn't perfect, but it was very cute! And by the way, this shouldn't have been rated R.

Realistic

this islife you know? homophobic america needs to wake up