Kid reviews for Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid

Classic tale of two famous outlaws; violence, cursing.

Kid, 10 years old April 16, 2020

BUTCH CASSIERI AN' DA SUNDA' KIWI

BUTCH CASSIERI AN' DA SUNDA' KIWI

Teen, 16 years old Written byRodri's Retro Club July 17, 2020

Epic Classic western has violence, swearing.

Parents need to know that this movie is for +12, because it has cursing and mild violence.

Kid, 10 years old April 29, 2020

Great gunslinger movie

Teen, 13 years old Written byA Strange American February 21, 2019

Can't Go Wrong

This was the first western movie I ever watched. There is a lot of action, but other than that, nothing really bad.

Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2019
This is one of my favorite movies. Robert Redford is amazing in it. This movie has violence and some sex, but not too much. Not too complicated of a plot and great. Ages 12 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjusticeleague10 May 4, 2018
Really great movie, and really great western movie. The movie may be a little slow in some parts but overall it is a really great movie, and a known classic.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheparanoidreviewer April 17, 2018

classic western movie

It was a pretty great movie. Lots of action and a great deal of humor.There really wasn't any positive or negative messages but rather just a story to entertain. There wasn't really anything to be leery of aside from the occasional profanity and the violence with explosions and shooting. Overall, great movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byLucential April 2, 2018

I love this movie, but a little too mature unless you skip a bit

I am a thirteen year old with older siblings who are 20 and 24, and I love this movie so much. But, before I get into the good parts, I have to cover the bad: This is based on a true story, so the movie is, well, mature. There is fistfighting, and Butch and Sundance frequently hold people at gunpoint. There is also shooting, as you would expect in an 'old west' movie. But it's nothing that a ten year old couldn't handle. Swearing, as well, is nothing that a 11 or 12 year old hasn't heard before. The only reason I rated this 14+ is because of the sex scenes. In my family, because I watched this when I was twelve, we paused and skipped over the sex scenes, because they didn't contribute that much to the plot. There are only two: In one, sundance hides in a house and holds a woman at gunpoint telling her to take off her clothes, but it is later revealed that this is just a game they are playing and that they are lovers. The second one takes place in a house of prostitution. It happens to be the only inn in town, and butch and sundance do visit a room there. Although no nudity is shown, you get the picture. Also, SPOILER ALERT, at the end, if you know the story, Butch and Sundance get blown to pieces by the army, but at that part no gore is shown. Overall, this is one of my all-time favorites, but viewer discretion is advised.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTARDIS Tourist July 30, 2016

Disappointment... not Paul Newman's best performance.

Bad role models, very violent, and Butch is attracted to his friend's girlfriend. The only reason why I gave it 3 stars was because of its iconic ending.

Kid, 9 years old October 22, 2013

amazing

great but violent

Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. October 12, 2013
Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 March 9, 2013

classic western has violence and language

a pure rush of fun and wit, this excellent western movie packs in evrything good about a perfect movie: a good cast, great camera work, a script that is 99% quotable, and plenty of shoot-outs. although the film is old and outdated, some of the gunfights may be too violent for younger kids. this film has some mild violence, and some moderate violence. people are shot and killed in many scenes. there are few massive dynamite explosions. and who cant forget the iconic shooting scene at the end? the script also contains some strong language, incluidng multiple uses of b***h, h**l, d**n, and one use of s**t.

Teen, 16 years old Written byVivian_L October 9, 2010

Amazing--

Funny and amazingly exciting coupled with great acting. Real fun movie to watch. One of the greatest movies I have ever seen. 12+ for sexual content.
Kid, 11 years old February 28, 2010