A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this movie.
What parents need to know
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about the vampire violence in Byzantium. How does it compare to other vampire movies? Why is there more blood here? What does it symbolize?
- What's the draw of vampire movies? Are they all intended to appeal to the same audience?
- Is Byzantium scary? What is it about vampires that's scary -- or not scary?
- Why does Eleanor decide to tell her story? Why is storytelling so powerful? Why is telling the truth more powerful than telling lies?
- In theaters: June 28, 2013
- On DVD or streaming: October 29, 2013
- Cast: Gemma Arterton, Sam Riley, Saoirse Ronan
- Director: Neil Jordan
- Studio: IFC Entertainment
- Genre: Fantasy
- Topics: Monsters, Ghosts, and Vampires
- Run time: 118 minutes
- MPAA rating: R
- MPAA explanation: bloody violence, sexual content and language
- Last updated: November 11, 2020
Our editors recommend
For kids who love vampires
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.
Streaming options powered by JustWatch