All teen and kid member reviews for Cabaret

Teen, 13 years old Written byDoctor Who Lover March 13, 2012

Cabaret: a great musical for teens and up

Cabaret is a great musical. But first, you have to understand the story a bit to really get into it. There is quite a bit of sex talk, smoking/drinking, and some violence. But overall, it's a great musical, and I hope that anyone who sees it will enjoy it as much as I did and still do.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZoelopez December 31, 2013

Liza at her best

Cabaret is the musical that led me to wanting to be a Broadway star. Liza Minnelli is at her best in this musical. Her singing was so beautiful. Watching her makes me realize she and her Mum (Judy Garland) are much alike in terms of singing. The songs Liza Minnelli sings make sense but Joel Grey's songs have nothing to do with the story line, it's very confusing. The story is okay at the begging but the ending is sort of a wreck. The movie should only be watched by mature teens. There is abortion, sex, and has lots of adult situations that they won't understand. Overall, without Liza's scenes the movie would've sucked.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySecondSider October 31, 2013

A great musical

A great musical, among my favourites as well. Liza Minnelli is terrific in here.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybwayboy February 2, 2011
Liza Minelli and Joel Grey complete create the lead roles and do it well. It is not like the musical at all and the story is completely rewritten, personally I would recommend watching the musical on youtube, but this movie is still good. There is a small amount of fights, some being bloody. There are sexy scenes and it is talked about frequently. There's some language. The main character almost always has a cigarette or glass of gin in her hand. The music and actors are amazing. The message is you can't live "life is a cabaret"is very powerful.