Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Canal Street

Flawed melodrama has teen partying, mild violence.

No reviews yetAdd your rating
Adult Written byEao1978 January 19, 2019

Excellent movie

Great movie, positive messages, relevant to today’s society. It’s a story that needs to be told...and needs to be seen!

Adult Written byTerriea January 22, 2019

Great movie, powerful message.

This is a must watch movie. An important message that is relevant for challenges we all face in the world. A beautifully balanced faith based theme. Go watch as a family to spark healthy dialogue about love, faith, perseverance—and much more.

Adult Written bybellabekah January 22, 2019

Relevant today

Yes its faith Driven, yes there's prayer, Yes you'll experience all sorts of emotions, Yes its NOT cheesy, Yes it's just that Good!

Adult Written byOptimistic15 January 22, 2019

Hopeful

WOW, what a powerful film for our times and the temperature in our world. I enjoyed this film as it left me with suspense and optimistic about our future in the world. My faith was uplifted and challenge to trust the Lord amidst the challenges of life. I felt warm when I left and ready to embrace every culture dwelling among us. A great family movie. I was glad to see a real life faith base movie, clean with no swearing, realistic with true life and a positive message threaded.

Adult Written byGator_Mom January 21, 2019

Canal Street leaves you feeling inspired.

This film tackles a tough subject matter; but does so through the lens of faith, hope, and love. It also speaks to how the media plays a major role in our biases--both from a positive and negative perspective. It is very fast paced, so there is never a dull moment; but it works and speaks directly to those who are used to getting their news from podcasts and social media. I love that every person (ages 11 and up) I recommended watch this movie, not only saw themselves in at least one of the characters (an incredibly diverse cast); but also left feeling inspired by this film. As an extra bonus, it was so refreshing to see a movie that did not have any curse words or sex scenes in it. I feel like that is worth repeating...not one curse word or sex scene. Taking that and the beautiful message that comes from this film into account, I give it 5 stars.

Adult Written bysrosier10 January 21, 2019

Something for Everyone

Canal Street is so timely for our generation. It dispels myths, stereotypes, and injects faith into the movie with balance and precision. A must see for our youth.

Adult Written byGodsson January 21, 2019
Great movie!

Adult Written byBatrantham January 21, 2019

Excellent movie

Excellent movie would recommend anyone to check this movie out. Had a amazing meaning behind it all! You won’t be disappointed.

Adult Written byllavonta January 20, 2019

Canal Street

This movie was sensational. I had the privilege of seeing it twice on opening day. The first time was with about 65 students and they really enjoyed the movie. They were able to have open discussions about what they saw in the movie and how it identifies with what they see going on in the world. The next time I was with over 250 people from our church and they all gave it five stars. Canal Street left me feeling like I have to do more for my city because we all are important.