Kid reviews for Captain America: The First Avenger

Comic book adventure mixes patriotism, explosive action.

Teen, 15 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 22, 2011

Standard but still a well-done film

"Captain America" is good if for just one thing: A model of what superheroes at least SHOULD be. Not what they should strive to be (Because really who can make movies as good as "Batman Begins" and "Iron Man?") but what they should be. Decent blockbuster summer films that deliver on the action, have a few fine performances, hot chicks, and a solid plot to keep the story moving while the hero (a great Chris Evans) beats up the bad guy (a well made-up Hugo Weaving.) Bravo, Capt. America!

Teen, 13 years old Written byjohnny1399 July 25, 2011

great movie

this movie is very good. it has a good message and the captain is a good role model. i think the movie is good for ages 7 and up.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySosie98 July 26, 2011

Captain Amazing

I loooovvvveeeeddd this movie, but it was extremely violent!!! I especially loved Chris Evans who was pretty much the hottest soldier ever in his uniform. Peggy Carter was an amazing role model as well as Steve himself. They were both fearless and showed that you could do anything. Amazing movie and extremely impressive affects. It really showed how far we've come:) Go and see it!

Teen, 14 years old Written bysisterwhocares October 9, 2011

Noble character makes action-packed movie a treat

This movie was one of the best movies I have seen all summer! In today's world, the superheroes in movies are usually arrogant, surly, womanizers, or a combination of the three (cough cough Iron Man) and are DEFINETELY not good characters to look up to. Captain America is different. The movie starts out with Steve/Captain America as a scrawny little man with numerous other issues that prevent him from getting into the military. He is then chosen as a special contestant to create military "super-soldiers" to fight the enemies in WWII. So, Steve goes from this scrawny little man into a big macho man, gets christened "Captain America", and instantly becomes a sensation. Now here's the impressive part: despite his newfound fame and strength, Steve remain a very noble, humble, honorable, courageous man who sticks to his values and is even willing to sacrifice himself to save thousands of people. Note: being a superhero movie, there is plenty of violence and scary villains as well as some language, but the language is fairly mild. Along with the honorable character and well-crafted plot is a light brush of humor, which made the movie all the more enjoyable. Good news, parents, women are also NOT treated as sex icons!

Teen, 15 years old Written bysky65z July 23, 2011

one of marvels best

This movie is clean the vilonce is not extreme. I was suprised it was not PG. The villan is not scary.

Teen, 14 years old Written byrebma97 July 22, 2011

Good superhero flick

I watched it on the premiere date. It was good, but I may have not liked it as much since I had a harder time understanding what was going on during that time period (I knew it was when they were fighting the Nazis, though). But I also felt like it was missing something-I think Steve Rodgers is a little too perfect; he doesn't have the egotistical side of Tony Stark or the self-depracting attitude of Spider-Man. But it had a good storyline. It was surprisingly clean for a PG-13; there was violence, but it wasn't outrageous, the sexual content was mainly kissing, there was some language (mostly h-ll and an a-s), and some mild drinking. Overall good movie (make sure you watch the after-credits scene).

Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2014

Entertaining

The movie us fine for most kids it has violence but cartoony and not bloody , little scary scenes for younger people

Teen, 16 years old Written byTayoEXE May 14, 2012

A Good Man

In world where a hero is portrayed as someone with some mutated powers or some strong sense of justice, this movie really stands out to what a true hero is. I had never seen any of the other Marvel hero movies before, so I watched this one before viewing the Avengers. Captain America immediately became my favorite Marvel hero. Besides the awesome sci-fi action, something that tends to go over most teenagers' heads is the fact of what truly makes Captain America a true hero. As he is described before taking the physical body enhancement serum, he is a "good man." Having a strong sense of selflessness, courage, quick-minded, and a will of fire, Steve Roger's pitiful body becomes exactly what he is on the inside, a good man. This is clearly shown as Red Skull, the villain, took the same serum, but with an evil and corrupt heart, turned into what can be seen as a physical and mental monster. Captain America just became the opposite. His strong will now became matched with his new near-perfect human body. This movie teaches that it's not soldier, it's the man. I highly recommend parents try to teach their kids these great traits as shown by Captain America in the movie.

Kid, 12 years old August 2, 2011

The Super Soldier is Super Apropriate

I saw this movie opening weekend. It was a very good movie. The main morals are bravery, never giving up, and standing up for what you believe in. There is not much language or sexual content (which is suprising when you think about other MARVEL movies). The only negative things I would have to say would scare kids are explosions and Red Skull's face. Other than that this was a fantastic movie for a comic book, avenger, or jut plain out super hero lover.

Teen, 15 years old Written byfastlane2 July 24, 2011

caiptain america

awesm movie

Kid, 11 years old July 24, 2011

*Great Movie*

I thought it was a great movie, very cool superhero type, and world war #2 type movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written byhazerbaze August 8, 2011

Great movie for pre-teens!

One of the superhero movies that doesn't have loads of SC, but don't take younger kids to it because they might pick up bad language. There are good messages and a strong female character. One sad death scene of a major character. 2nd best superhero movie I've ever seen.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpider-Man 2099 October 21, 2015

Don't Know What To Say But Good Work Soldier

Kid, 12 years old May 31, 2015

amazing

Kid, 11 years old October 24, 2014

Good film, but more of a war movie

Violence- 3 (Hand-to-hand combat, shooting)

Teen, 13 years old Written byPotterheadWhovian104 October 15, 2014

Go Captain America!

I watched with some friends a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. The romance between Captain America and the girl is sweet and totally adorable, and the fight scenes are fun. It's really okay for any kids 7 and up as long as they don't mind violence and a little mild kissing. Also, the villain looks like a sunburned Voldemort with a nose job.

Teen, 14 years old Written bybnsevy2000 June 19, 2014

Solid movie for kids

This is not the best movie in the Marvel universe, but it is also not the worst. This movie has some action scenes and a good villain, but the fighting scenes are not really intense. The villain, however, may scare younger kids because he looks weird. Captain America is a great role model and always tries to do the right thing. The movie is set back in the 1940s during World War 2, and it does a good job portraying some of the events during the war. But, like I said, this movie isn't the best movie Marvel has ever made but I still recommend that you watch it if you are trying to watch all of the movies related to The Avengers.

Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck April 8, 2014

The First Avenger.

Awesome movie! Captain America is my favorite superhero and this is a great patriotic lead up to The Avengers! Takes place during World War 2 so some explosions and stuff but nothing gory.

Teen, 13 years old Written byroborvisci August 29, 2013

Captain America Is Awesome!

This movie is pretty good. The only intense parts are when the major bad guy pulls of his face and underneath is just red with eyeballs and no nose, and when theyre fighting on the plane and the guy gets pushed into the propellor and blood spews out the tail. Theres also aLOT of shooting ( it is world war 2 after all).

Kid, 9 years old June 24, 2012

Captain America: The First Avenger

it is a GREAT movie. Just not that much action for a Cap movie.