Kid reviews for Captain Marvel

Powerful female superhero story has some violence, language.

Teen, 15 years old Written byNadia Cloud March 9, 2019

Stop hating on this movie because of feminism. Amazing movie, period!

Captain Marvel is definitely worth seeing. It does not deserve the hate and the troll reviews that it's getting. I recommend this for ages 12 and older because of violence. Great movie, Marvel!

Teen, 14 years old Written byJguy10218 March 8, 2019

Great for families

This is an amazing entry into the MCU. Sure it's message of Girl Power is blatant and the movie hits you over the head with it, but that's not too much of a downside. If your child is keeping up with the devastation of Infinity War, but is not allowed to see Infinity War or Endgame, this is perfect for them. Little bit of rough language. Explosions. The only guns are laser blasters. Basically no real guns. For once, I agree with Common Sense's rating.

Teen, 15 years old Written byCatKid20 March 9, 2019

Pretty good!

Captain Marvel is ok for kids ages 10 and up in my opinion, there is violence, and some blood shown, mostly different colors like blue, and purple, some language, Nick Fury looks down a towel that is covering a scrolls privates but nothing is shown, has many good laughs, lots from Goose the Cat, but the funny stuff that Goose does can be scary to younger kids,and the scrolls can look a little creepy to younger kids as well! Captain Marvel also has great strong female role models, and messages about excepting everyone! I give it 4 stars!

Teen, 14 years old Written byHayley.W March 8, 2019

Exciting but hard to follow

I really enjoyed the movie, it was way better than I thought it would be. It is really exciting and some fun plot twists. It was at some points hard to follow, especially for 10-12 year olds. But it was really enjoyable and l love that this is such a “women-based” movie.

Kid, 11 years old March 7, 2019

It was cool!

Teen, 15 years old Written byMatureFungus March 6, 2019

Not a disaster, but falls short by a mile

A little swearing and mild violence. Character-wise, it's very poor. There's nothing in the writing that makes Captain Marvel more than the average superhero. She's really, really super, but there's no real development. She enters and exits the movie the same character, it's not a great origin movie. This is no Wonder Woman.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDragonarrow5767 May 1, 2019

EPIC

I am a huge fan of MCU, and I've watched every marvel movie. Due to the bad mouthing of Captain Marvel on the internet I almost didn't watch it, luckily my mom and I decided just to give it a shot, it blew our expectations out of the water. Marvel has many amazing heroes, but honestly, Black Widow is really not a great role model, and Scarlet Witch isn't that big in MCU... so they really did a wonderful job of bringing out a powerful female heroine. The effects put Star Wars to shame, and the action was intense, but not too gruesome. One small unsettling part, but it honestly wasn't bad. The humor was fresh and I enjoyed there was no unnecessary innapropriateness. I highly recommend this movie!!!

Teen, 15 years old Written bydianaarken March 11, 2019

Fairly good

I thought this movie was pretty good and worth watching. At the beginning it did feel a bit slow and boring but it did pick up the pace. Overall it was pretty average in terms of storytelling, but the pacing and execution made it enjoyable. Some people are a bit critical of this movie being too feminist; I think to some extent it is. Marvel has a lot of female superheroines in their comics, so having a movie based on one isn't a big surprise. But the fact that they decided to portray an overpowered hero and they made Mar-Vell a female is obviously shoving feminism down your throat; I didn't really mind that as much as others since I'm a girl. Violence is the same as other MCU movies: it's fantastical in nature and not that bloody. There are some curse words. Overall, this is a good movie and I would recommend it if you like superhero movies.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNikki_ March 11, 2019

Amazing movie

As a huge Marvel fan that's pretty much what I expected to see. The movie was really good and Carol Danvers never failed to amaze me. She was being manipulated the whole time, until she finally managed to break free which shows how powerful she really is. Even though she believed emotion made her vulnerable she managed to get full control over her powers and show she had nothing to prove to anyone.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJay2003 March 10, 2019

Amazing movie

It is a great movie. It shows a great female superhero. It send lots of positive messages about never giving up and how we all have something to give to the world. The main character is strong and independent but when she needs help she asks for it. It is a great prequel to the mcu and it’s a must watch. It shows girl power and how girls can be awesome. The acting is amazing and the fight scene are good and not to intense. It’s a great movie to watch with your family and it’s just a all round great movie. There is a little swearing and the violence is not to realistic to scare kids and there is not that much blood. There are two jump scare bits but other then that it’s not scary at all

Teen, 13 years old Written byZUOboi March 10, 2019

Not bad at all!

Funny, fun, and worth your time! I think that the pg13 age rating is a bit mich, the movie is completely fine. I don't remember any swearing or particularly disturbing scenes. Very good movie, and marvel has done it again.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJurkowski27 March 9, 2019

Captain Marvel

It was very good. It can be confusing if you did not watch the previous films in the MCU. But if you did watch them and understood it was really good and entertaining to watch, as well as the after scenes!

Teen, 14 years old Written byemma471 March 9, 2019

A must-see

I'm a huge Marvel fan and I believe this is one of Marvel's best movies. It empowers girls, which is important in this mostly male-dominated industry. This movie is hilarious and when I saw it, the entire audience laughed many times. There's lots of 90s references as well. There's minimal language and it's not too violent, and there's no sex at all - Carol doesn't have a love interest in this movie, and shows that she is independent and doesn't need a man to prove herself. Carol is THE most powerful MCU character and will have a huge impact on Avengers: Endgame. Make sure to stay for the two post-credit scenes, and the mid-credits scene is very important going into the next Avengers movie. There's also a very shocking plot twist. This movie is an origin story for The Avengers as well as Guardians of the Galaxy, as it provides insight on the creation of the Avengers Initiative as well as the Kree-Skrull War. There are many recognizable characters from previous Marvel movies, such as Nick Fury, Phil Coulson, Ronan, and Korath. Goose the cat is lovable and a scene-stealer. I highly recommend this movie to anyone, not just a Marvel fan.

Teen, 14 years old Written byAlexandros1011 March 9, 2019

Wonderful!

Idk why this has so much hate already...Loads of messages and comedy too, and one of the best stand alone films MCU has ever made!

Kid, 12 years old March 8, 2019

A great movie with great role modles

First of all, everyone writing these reviews is being way overly critical. I saw it opening day and everyone was cheering and clapping, nobody had a problem. I believe that this is a great movie for families and it has positive female role models. It also has wit and clever scenes. There was character development but not in the way you would typically expect. Overall a awesome movie that everyone should love!

Teen, 14 years old Written byJoel_5762 March 7, 2019

Captain Marvel Review

Captain Marvel is a great film. It isn't perfect but still enjoyable and hilarious with great action scenes and 90s nostalgia. It has great messages of teamwork, trust and excepting all. Brie Larson as Carol Danvers is a great role model to everyone but specifically girls or women. There are heavy action sequences that are so amazing and every fight scene was enjoyable and action packed, The final act/battle is amazing and Captain Marvel proves she is a worthy opponent to Thanos. Other than Carol, Nick Fury, Talos, Coulson and 'Goose' the cat are my favourite characters. However, the first act and some scenes in the second act are a little slow paced and slow down the movie. In conclusion, Captain Marvel is a great movie that isn't essential to watch Avengers: Endgame but is still a worthy edition to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Kid, 12 years old June 17, 2019

Great storyline, and a great step for MCU!

The movie has a great plot, and gives a bit of background to a character we've known for a while (I won't mention his name). Overall, Captain Marvel is a great character that kids will love. I recommend kids under 10 years of age to see this with an adult as there are some swear words, as well as a gory scene. other than that, I think this is a great movie for families to see!

Teen, 14 years old Written byWinter Hayle-Bl... June 17, 2019

3.5. It was decent

I’ll definitely say that I liked the movie. It didn’t really stray from your average Marvel movie, the plot was pretty normal. It also raised this important question of: Are you on the right side? SPOILER ALERT I can’t actually remember watching a Marvel movie where the main character, our superhero started off working for the wrong side, (the Kree)fooling us into thinking that the side they’re working for is the right one, when in reality the Skrulls were the ones persecuted. SPOILER OVER I love the message of looking at things from another person’s perspective, and finding out the truth. But other than that, it really wasn’t a Marvel movie that stood out, not a MUST-see. But it is a good one to see. It’s pretty appropriate for younger audiences, which is more than I can say for some other MCU movies, but overall it wasn’t super outstanding as a movie.
Kid, 11 years old June 14, 2019

Not very good and it was longer than it had to be

there was hardly any action and when there was action it was disappointing, not worth the money.
Kid, 8 years old June 8, 2019

A great adventure

Little intensness little violence little langauge