Kid reviews for Carol

Moving, beautifully acted '50s-set drama about secret love.

Teen, 16 years old Written bybasicbelivet December 24, 2015

completely mesmerising

It is a beautiful and mesmerising film. The acting from Cate Blanchett and Rooney Mara is phenomenal and wonderful to watch. It is a completely beautiful love story with very very mild sex. The characters of Therese Belivet and Carol Aird are so wonderfully written and relatable. Definitely the best film of the year and a must watch.

Teen, 16 years old Written byInnocentUke June 24, 2016
This is an exquisitely shot movie with compelling characters and amazing messages; appealing to anyone struggling with coming to terms with social image and personal identity.

Teen, 16 years old Written byKasanari December 11, 2016

A Bit Mature, But Fantastic Nonetheless

Carol is by far the best LGBT+ movie I have watched thus far. It's refreshing to see such great lesbian representation in a movie, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone with a taste for romance. That being said, Carol is a movie containing frequent smoking/drinking, occasional swearing, and a somewhat graphic sex scene (albeit beautifully acted and filmed). However, the film's amazing storytelling and message vastly overshadow its mature content. A must-watch, especially if your teen is on the LGBT+ spectrum.

Kid, 9 years old April 5, 2016

Very mature but beautiful film has some graphic sex, and is a bit boring.

My rating:R for brief strong sexual content including graphic nudity.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylili.natme January 13, 2019

Beautifully made Movie will leave you thinking long after the ending scene

I read the book to this "The Price of Salt" by Patricia Highsmith and absolutely loved it. The movie is absolutely beautiful, and well made. I've seen it three times and every time I fall more and more in love with the story and the amazing characters.

Teen, 17 years old Written byjutereza_ January 24, 2018

I love the story!

The movie is beautiful. It really seems to be made in the 1950's. The atmosphere is tense and full of secrets, as it must've been in the post war time. Even having all the odds against it, it's hard to control love, and it is well-shown in the movie. More than anything, it is a love story, deep and compelling. A mature 14 years old can watch the movie. It is a must-see to any person who's part of the lgbt community, mainly girls who like girls. However, I do believe that the movie will be better appreciated by +16 years old. Ps: the book is awesome. (The Price of Salt - Carol)

Teen, 15 years old Written byyeet676 December 4, 2017

Well-made film, but not for family movie night

Firstly, I would say that a mature 14 year old would be able to fully appreciate this movie, however I know I would feel pretty awkward watching that long sex scene in the presence of my parents. I think it's better to watch alone or with friends, the cinematography and acting is truly stunning and it is a rarely told story.