Parent reviews for Carrie

Carrie Poster Image

Great one!!

If your kid is a hardcore horror fan or has read the book, go ahead. It’s not bad with blood but language and abuse on the main character could be triggering. The remake is also good if your looking for something more modern!!

Awesome

I think it’s a really good movie there is some blood but not a lot. I would advise easily scared people to steer away from the end as that is the only bit I found remotely scary the way the feel is.

Excellent, Disturbing King Classic!

Violence 5/5: Mother abuses daughter- hits her with a Bible, locks her in a closet... The prom scene climax has electrocution, suffocation, fire and impaling, although due to flames, some of it is hard to see. Crucifixion with kitchen utensils. A house collapses killing the people inside. Bullying. Offscreen pigs are killed. Bloodied Carrie may scare people. Sex 3/5: Mostly offscreen oral sex in a car. A girl gets her period. Full frontal nudity. Breasts are seen if a few scenes. Language 2/5: Occasionally f**k, shit, ass, damn. A great film, must see for all, a true masterpiece. Piper Laurie and Sissy Spacek are truly excellent on their roles.

Ehhh

Violence 5/5 Sex 5/5 Language 4/5 Drinking/Drugs/Smoking 2.5/5

As someone who watched this as a child, I have mixed opinions.

I watched this when I was 12 and loved it for the most part. The extended nude scene in the beginning was outrageously uncomfortable, and as an adult I can only explain it as a discomfort with the obviously male gaze behind the camera lens. It was really weird to see a scene I had been part of (group showers after PE) as suddenly sexual. I'd only ever considered showers after PE as a way to not be sweaty for the next class. That being said, my 11 year old is a voracious reader and I'm considering allowing her to read Carrie after pre-reading it myself, and I know she'll want to watch the movie afterward. I think I'll allow this movie in a private room away from younger kids and perhaps fastforwarding through the extended nude scene that, in my opinion, could have been done with more taste and consideration. It's really a judgement call. My 11 year old can handle it, but she's very mature for her age and thoughtful. I do look forward to the conversations we can have about periods, bullying, and religious abuse when I do allow her to watch it, whenever that is.

This is the Night...

Classic 70s horror about a girl taking revenge with fatal results. Lots of blood and fire in the ending. In consumerism fancy 70s cars.

need to be mature to watch

this is overall a good movie! just be aware that one of the first scenes reveals female full-frontal nudity in a shower scene. i watched this with my mom and it was only a bit uncomfortable. there is also a sex scene, but it can easily be skipped and there is no nudity whatsoever.

Nice movie

Creepy and the plot is great. Carries mom violently locks her in closets, and she kills everyone at the end. Violent death scenes and female nudity.

Great movie, for older kids

Honestly a great movie, but, it has a sex seen in less than 40 minutes and doesn’t have a lot of violence but when it does it’s disturbing. A mother (Carrie’s mom) physically and mentally abuses her daughter. In the beginning of the movie Carrie gets her period and is teased. In that same scene you can see the girls breasts.

;)