Parent reviews for Cats

Cats Poster Image

Why is everyone Hating?

If you are a Cat lover, and who isn’t really?? (Cat vids outnumber all others on every platform.)We appreciate their playful antics, that can be very familiar to us “Hoomans.” So Why Not enjoy a a playful musical, playing on all the fun of Cats! Great music, fun costumes, & beautiful theater. But if you are looking for a riveting plot, not the right movie..but seems quite appropriate as what would a story be like if your cat could tell you..Probably JUST LIKE THIS. The cat costumes can be a bit sensual, (not overtly imo) but again, what do expect when you have a cat story..So maybe not great for that tender age when everything is seen as sexual (mainly puberty when Full of hormones) But use your judgement there’s no sex, violence, language drug use or even consumerism. Great message of acceptance, And friendships. We really enjoyed it.
2 people found this helpful.

Actually really nice movie!! Don't let the promotion fool you!

Seriously, those people who complaints so much about this movie are clearly not familiar with its source material! CATS was first a book, that then became a stage musical which, despite its mixed critics, have gotten a fanbase through the years. So it's only appropriate that they now made a movie version out of it. And for people, like myself, who haven't seen the stage show, it's actually really nice of them to make a movie version to experience at home. Not everyone are able travel to New York, or wherever it is,to see it. And don't let the promotion fool you, I mean, it is CATS! What else did you expect them to look like?? At least they tried to make them look kinda justice to the stage show. Ok, let's talk about the movie itself. It is basically a story about the hard life as a street cat and how they are kinda living through all of it. I don't wanna say more or this review will be too long. But it is very nice, cute and a little bit sad. And the cast did a great job. I think the message is pretty much about respecting cats just as much as human. So I would defenitly recommend this movie if you love musicals and want to see something a little different. And again for those people who's totally sawing it to pieces, should defenitly give it a fair chance before they tend to do so.

The PURRRFECT Movie

WOW!! This movie really is the bees knees, I never thought I could cry so hard during a movie. The ending is so emotional and deep, UGH I LOVED IT. The CGI is incredible it's really amazing how far CGI has come. I was a big fan of the CGI used in the live action Aladdin and I never though anything could ever top it, but yet here we are. Cats is an emotional roller coaster I wouldn't even call it a movie it's like a documentary about what real cats are like. It will not only give humans something to relate too but cats are the main demographic, and I think they will be very pleased about how they are represented in the media. I've never seen my cat happier then he is watching this movie, my god he loved it. Cats is an experience for the ages and something that will go down in history as a movie that is out of this world, who know the aliens of Mars are probably watching it as you read this and they are probably having the time of their lives . CATS REALLY ACT LIKE THIS IN REAL LIFE!! It's crazy how accurate it is, my cat inspires to be Rum Tug Tugger he is so inspiring and I feel like I really got to know his character. If I could just sit down and have a bowl of milk with this exotic beast that would be great. Overall Cats is a 10/10 experience I would highly recommend both for children, adults, teen and most of all cats. Ariana Grande was the purrfect choice for the lead role of Victoria and her performance is Oscar worthy. I can't wait to get buy this movie on DVD and play for my cat everyday!!! WHAT A GOOD FILM!!

2 people found this helpful.

A family musical for fans of Cats - both the show and the animal!

Spectacular choreography and dancing; beautiful music; a great message and just a lot of fun. I grew up with musicals, and remember seeing Cats in the theatre - so when the chance came to share it with my children I was ecstatic. It helps to listen to the songs before hand and get them singing along. It's such a shame the online hate-machine ruined Cats before it even hit cinemas - I'll admit, I was put off by all the negative reviews - otherwise I'd have seen it in the cinema on Christmas. This film is not intended for millennial film critics - the trailers make it look like a comedy - it's a musical, non-stop songs. I took my 5 and 7 year olds and warned them that I had heard there might be something scary (I read online) they said it wasn't scary at all. So big thumbs up from us. We want to see it again.

Brilliant production

I have just written what I think, so forgive me for being brief, In short it was the best musical film I have seen for a long time and cannot understand the bad reviews from the critics, Please go and see it,and enjoy,

2 people found this helpful.

Learn about the book or musical before seeing, but great adaptation

My daughter (8) and I saw this movie over the holidays because we were curious and we saw all of the negative attention it was getting. We enjoyed it so much that she wanted to give it a positive review on here as soon as we got home. This is what she says, "We saw cats and we just loved it! The costumes are realistic, the dancing was beautiful, the set looked cat-sized, and the story was something I really enjoyed. You should give this movie a try if you are not sure, especially if you LOVE LOVE LOVE cats and animals, and ignore the negative comments." If you enjoyed the musical, then this movie is good. If you are not familiar with the musical or the book by T.S. Eliot, you would benefit from learning more about it before seeing the movie.

2 people found this helpful.

Spectacular! Flawless song and dance!

I saw Cats on New Years Day! I thought it was absolutely fabulous!! The music and dance was mesmerizing and flawless! I found it extremely interesting and the cast was spectacular! I enjoyed it so much that I could sit through it again and again!! Highly recommend. I will add that I'm 61 and 6 of us went together (all in the 50-70 year old range)! We all enjoyed it very much! Maybe age is a factor or appreciation of wonderful and flawlessly delivered music and dance is a factor? I'm not sure, but we almost changed our selection based on the early reviews! Boy are we glad we didn't change! All of the cast was fabulous, but extra kudos to Francesca Hayward! She was truly remarkable!! Thanks to all who helped create this masterpiece!

TERRIBLE MOVIE!

Me and my two daughthers decided to go watch this as a family outing, but little did we know this movie would be horrible! The cats did absolutley nothing fun during the majority of this terrible movie. I don't recomend. Love, The Berryjingle family xx
1 person found this helpful.

I CAN'T BELIVE I LET MY CHILDREN SEE THIS

After finishing this movie, my kids would not go to sleep for three days. They kept on saying they were worried that our family cat, Whisky, would attack them if they fell asleep. I myself was disturbed greatly that someone actually thought this was a good idea. I also would like to point out that some parts of the movie were not properly edited, creating some "revealing" scenes that was not appropriate for my 7 year old and 4 year old. Do not let your children watch this movie!

I wish there was a zero star option

The musical "Cats" has many redeeming qualities as a live theatrical performance. The music is good, if almost cliche at this point. The dancing can be, and usually is phenomenal. However, the story is bizarre at best, and often creepy. The costumes in theater are buffered by the fact that they are 30-90 feet away, and on live dancers. The movie has none of these good points, except the music. The costumes which are OK from a distance on stage are turned into a nightmare with CG "fixing" and close ups. Some of the spots are very very creepy by the actor acting "sexy" while in fur. Just no.