All parent member reviews for Change of Plans

Parent Written byLeProf_no1 November 17, 2011

MOVIE MISMATCHED WITH RATING AND REVIEW

This movie, as shown in its DVD cover, is not the child-appropriate movie reviewed here. SAME TITLE, VERY DIFFERENT FILM. The movie cover shown is a French language movie, Le Code a Changé, "a change in the plan", and is **completely inappropriate,** even for teens, let alone 10 year olds as indicated. The movie's setting is a dinner party of friends and acquaintances, where the back stories are their severe marital and family difficulties and, especially, extramarital affairs, including among the dinner's attendees. So, not for children -- unless your aim is clever French repartee laced with expletives and double entendre, where at least the expletives are clearly translated in the English subtitles.
Parent Written byRobInKC May 15, 2011

Really sweet show about a married couple who get their priorities in order amidst a life change forced on them. Also engaging and some entertaining music. My 12-year-old daughter and I enjoyed it together and now have purchased it to have in the home.
Parent of a 9 and 11 year old Written bylaroosky April 15, 2011

Pretty sweet - too cloying?

We watched this made-for-tv-movie based on the high review posted here. I think I liked it better than the 9 & 11 yr olds. Our kids reacted to it the way that I remember reacting to some of the old "Hallmark" made-for-tv movies -- fine if you don't mind a little saccarine, but it may irritate the 10 and older crowd. I learned later that an American Idol singer was one of the stars. Her singing was good. Recommended for fans of the show who might recognize her.