Find the best for your family

See what's streaming, limit strong violence or language, and find picks your kids will love with Common Sense Media Plus.

Join now

Parent reviews for Charlie's Angels (2019)

Super fun reboot mixes female empowerment, lots of violence.

Adult Written byemeraldcitywatcher November 20, 2019

Tween girls esp will love this, vastly underrated, unfairly maligned, it was GREAT

Went in with the lowest expectation, going initially because our daughters wanted to go. Felt dragged to have to go to it and left super pleasantly surprised and found the movie perfectly entertaining. The cast was winning, the characters were well-drawn --for an action movie, and I didn't find the PC, feminist agenda unnatural---it felt authentic and earned. The plotting was a bit predictable to completely nutty and devolving by the end, but only after we watched the whole thing did it unravel for me thinking back on it. No more than any other action movie of its ilk. It was well-written. The baddies made no sense though. I still don't care. Way to go Elizabeth Banks, who wrote this(as well as produced, directed and acted in the movie). Why they put one of the leading women into a dog collar at the end though, that was super unnecessary and perplexing. And the scene in the middle, a fight scene in a-- quarry?, there's an especially ghastly death.

Parent of a 10 year old Written byPhoenix T. November 18, 2019

Horribly disjointed plot. Don't waste your money.

This film is terrible. Poor scripting and visual effects coordination. Chaotic nonsense that just doesn't hold together. Wanted my money back and was very tempted to walk out half way through the film.

Junk film. Will bomb at the box office.

Adult Written byBrookedy November 22, 2019

Strong acting, great plot!

My whole family, ranging from 6 to 50 loved the movie. It was funny and engaging with strong acting and a great story and soundtrack. Kristen Stewart was a stand out character but all the actors really nailed their roles. Will definitely be buying this one, and it was well worth seeing in theaters for the action scenes.

Adult Written byLuckythirteen November 20, 2019

Know when to say when

I loved watching the original Charlie's Angel's and so I watched the first remake with Lucy Liu, Drew Barrymore, and Cameron Diaz.
There was no reason to make this movie over and I love girl superhero movies and women revenge type movies. I loved Kill Bill, Kickass, Sin City. This movie was a snoozefest they could have chosen any other movie to make over, or hears a crazy thought, come up with a fresh original idea?! Also not enough marketing , I had no idea it was coming out till I saw it at the actual poster at the cinema.
Adult Written bychrisdye2050 November 16, 2019

action to the core and enjoyment and im a straight guy

okay so lets start by saying that i had heard the reviews of the movie and it was pretty bad however i was extremely impressed with what i got there is a ton of action and adventure there was humor as well the movie is perfect for thanksgiving and is perfect for men and women alike the movie is good for a date or taking the women in your family to see to enjoy
Adult Written byJulia Flint November 13, 2019

Great for pre-teens and teens alike

My daughters (9,13) and I thought this was a great movie. Adults may not like it as much as pre-teens/teens, but still great, especially the feminism. And honestly? Other parents would disagree, but watching it with your ten year old would be okay if they can handle violence and other such stuff. I think a twelve or thirteen year old would have no problem with this film. Adolescents will love this latest reboot of Charlie's Angels, and I saw almost no sexual content. Children 10-11+ watching this are no big deal.

Parent Written byaxxiom2000 November 30, 2019

Great action scenes... but otherwise not much substance

I don’t want my pre teen daughter to believe that she has to dress like a hooker in order to be a strong woman

Adult Written bymovieman48 December 3, 2019

Great fun but take your brain out!

This is great fun as long as you don't come expecting great acting or a plot that makes sense. The girls are all feisty and there is lots of action and kick-ass violence which younger kids might find disturbing. It is done tongue in cheek fashion but it nevertheless is pretty violent. Teens will love it. Adults will need to take their brains out before they enter!
Adult Written byFABIO SILVA December 1, 2019

The movie is quite "flat" and shallow at many points.

Too simplistic and horribly written. The "girl power" approach was too much. Sincerely, the previous version (Diaz, Barrymore, Liu) was WAY BETTER and funnier, something really special.
But there were some good moments though. Ella Balinska was the best actress in this movie.
Patrick Stwart: please, choose better your movies.
Adult Written byIrishman November 28, 2019

Drivel. Pathetic incoherent poorly acted, dreadfully scripted rubbish.

Utterly pathetic drivel. Calling it lightweight is an understatement. It brings a new meaning to 'brain dead'. The worst thing is realising I actually spent money to see this. I should claim for compensation for having to watch mediocre acting, an incoherent plot, dialogue so wooden you could burn it on a fire. I would prefer to get the flu than have to watch that again. Avoid. Avoid. Avoid. A truly terrible film where lots of the audience left, and some that didn't fell asleep. Their snoring was more exciting.

Adult Written byBUKITS November 27, 2019

A Flat Film

We brought our 16 year old daughter and her friend. Out of the four of us who attendee, two of us slept through the movie. Bad acting! Just flat! It’s a real snoozer. Almost like by trying to make this edger it actually was completely opposite and forced. Nothing organic about this film.