All parent member reviews for Charlotte Gray

Adult Written bymoviemadness July 17, 2011

Ok World War Two Film for Tweens and Up

Charlotte Gray is a great look at a smart, stylish, and very, very brave heroine in some of the world's darkest days. After hearing that her fiance's plane has been shot down over rural France, Gray parachutes into the country as a spy, desperate to find him. Her host is a bright young Communist sheltering two young Jewish boys, making her situation triply precarious. Unable to find news of her lost love, she settles into life as a spy and resistance fighter and contributes skill, resourcefulness, and bravery to the cause. Characters exhibit lots of role model qualities and conduct themselves in an upright manner. The film is a bit scary; beloved characters die, everyone is in constant danger, and there are some upsetting violent moments. There is a bit of tasteful sexual activity. Overall, there is nothing too objectionable in the film other than the (expected) tense character.
Parent of a 3, 5, and 7 year old Written by4BoysMomma February 12, 2011

not for kids!

This movie is not for kids! I really loved the story and the characters but I didn't even finish it. I thought the "f" word was only supposed to be allowed once in a PG-13 movie. I heard it several times and finally decided it wasn't worth it. I am surprised CommonSense only mentions one sexual scene. There is a scene near the beginning where the characters are naked in bed together kissing. Um...in my mind that is a sexual scene! I didn't watch real closely to be honest but I don't remember seeing more than a bare back and some leg. Definitely a SEXUAL scene though!