Parent reviews for Cheaper by the Dozen

Inferior remake of 1950 classic has sexual references.

Wondering if Cheaper by the Dozen is OK for your kids?

Adult Written byglide October 31, 2016

turned it off after 10 minutes

I didn't have the energy to explain to my 10 and 12 year old what a vasectomy
was - there was a bit too much innuendo - right at the beginning - and it was uncomfortable to watch - so off it went

Adult Written byMatt B. August 28, 2016

Great kids movie

This about a family with 12 kids. A must see family movie.
Adult Written byLowe's man June 6, 2016

Just what we don't need.

I saw this movie when it first came out, thinking that it would be reasonably close to the book. Or so I thought. The kids are disrespectful, for one thing. If it would've been played for laughs it may or may not have been appropriate, depending on how it would've been done. But it wasn't meant to get a laugh. It was meant to be taken seriously.
Adult Written byLaurey667 December 22, 2013

A few sexual displays

I saw this with my kids and they loved it. However, there were a few times where they showed some sexually inappropriate parts. An unmarried girl living with her boyfriend ect. I highly doubt your children will notice it though. There's a part where the girl and her boyfriend are in bed together, although it just shows them sleeping. There might a brief amount of "ewwws" when the husband and his wife kiss, but other than that, there's nothing inappropriate about this movie. As a teacher however, I don't think this movie is appropriate to show at a school.

Adult Written bycaffinegirl85 October 2, 2011

i love Hilary Duff!

liked it cause of Ms. Hilary Duff thats the reason why its a cool movie!

Parent of a 13-year-old Written byohya August 13, 2010
fine film

Adult Written bygarfield2711 January 8, 2010

A great film.

This is a great film for tweens and older kids. The oldest Baker child lives with her boyfriend but this is clearly looked down upon. Language is kept to a minimum, a few OMG's and mild insults (moron, idiot, Doorknob Man etc). Violence is comedic not meant to be taken seriously. Some of the kids actions vary from wrong to downright disrespectful, but most of it relevant to the plot and turned around by the end. A great film if it is not taken seriously.

Parent of a 10-year-old Written bygeorges113 October 11, 2009
sexual references including a dog who attacks a boy's genitals and starts to lick them and eat them because his underwear was dumped in meat (while still clothed) then when he escapes the scene is about 1 minute a family of dogs try to get his a*s but he escapes
references to sleeping together (unmarried) and they're seen just sleeping a girl lives with a boy while unmarried stating that she has her own life
"s*ck" "s*cks" "s*ckem'up" "f---" and a very bad "has his jimmy whipped" but kids won't notice its meaning anyways...
but it's a great movie shows family issues love and care funny and amusing

Parent Written byAOwen239 November 1, 2008
Adult Written byhammann1 April 9, 2008

Chaos Reigns Supreme

We have four children and I think we really enjoyed watching the chaos that goes along with having a house full of kids. I wondered if it would seem too scripted but they got the tone just right. The new neighbor character was a bit too fakey and simplistic for me. It's one thing to have neighbors who are tired of the noise and mess that comes with a big family but it is quite another to not care at all about them as individuals when something bad happens. I found that to be very unbelievable. Otherwise the script was a bit hokey in parts, but fun. The kids learned to adapt to their new surroundings and work together, they got big lessons on responsibility and loyalty.
Adult Written byForHim April 9, 2008

a great family film

Our whole family saw this movie. We laughed almost the whole way through. Boy, this film could give kids some ideas about how to scare someone off. The film shows how a family can and should stick together through thick and thin. There are a few scenes where children yell at their parent/ parents but the parents learn to truly listen to their kids. The film shows how selfishness can affect the whole family and how being unselfish can too. It showed how the kids got along most of the time and how the parents loved and supported each other.
Adult Written bybucsfanerik April 9, 2008

One of the funniest movies I've ever seen!

Adult Written bydancingbrady April 9, 2008

Wonderful Movie

It's funny, and shows to never underestimate kids. It also shows the typical family life and that everyone is different.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Fun for the family!

This is a wonderfully light story about family changes and priorities. Though some of the pranks are mean-spirited, the humor effects everyone! Lots of fun!
Adult Written byfivebewe April 9, 2008
Adult Written bywahoosigma April 9, 2008

Parents need to watch with kids

While this is a funny, family movie, the kids do misbehave in outrageous ways and seem to get away with it. Parents should watch with children and then discuss that the pranks while funny are not acceptable behavior.Discussion topics
-- How a family can work together
-- Teasing and how it can hurt others
-- The fun of being part of a big family
-- Why family time is important
Adult Written byfritzsky April 9, 2008