Kid reviews for Cheaper by the Dozen

Inferior remake of 1950 classic has sexual references.

Teen, 16 years old Written byilhc January 23, 2021

5/10 - Disasters by the dozen

As a child, I read and loved the book, "Cheaper by the dozen", so I rented the movie expecting an on-screen adaptation of the book. I think the only similarities are the title, and the fact that they have 12 kids. The movie does the book a huge injustice. Expectations aside, the movie had some plot holes, but I would have appreciated this kind of film if I was a parent looking for a family film. It reminded me of the old Disney classics my family rented when I was growing up. I'm sure that kids would love the mess and destruction that seemed to be the focal point of the movie. They tried to cram too many sub-plots into it when they could have focused strictly on the family dynamics and had a great movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byStorey07 November 7, 2020

Funniest film ever.

Need a funny family film then cheaper by dozen is for you. Lots of laughs evolved in this film. Not appropriate for all kids.
It’s so funny to get ready to laugh hard out loud.

Positive message 2 out of 5. They're not the best positive message. Kids throw food and scream around at a birthday party. Nora has sex’s with Hank who is a big jerak,

Positive role models 2 out of 5. They’re also not the best positive role models.

Language 1 out of 5.

Violence 1 out of 5. Most violence is just followed by laughs.
Sexual stuff: 2 out of 5. Nora has sex’s with Hank who is a big jerak. Tom and Kate kiss.
You must watch this

Kid, 10 years old September 12, 2020

awesome movie

This is the funniest/most entertaining movie I have ever seen!!!!!!!!!!!
a great family movie night selection!!! if you watch this plz watch it with your family!
:))))) this movie is full of craziness funniness and entertainment!
if you watch this movie please please make sure that your kid can make the difference from real life and movies :)
Kid, 12 years old June 28, 2020

Family Film

Okay movie

Kid, 11 years old March 25, 2020

family disagreements

this is a great family movie.
this shows how family need to work together on things and be strong with each other.
they help each other out the whole time and work out any family
issues .

Kid, 8 years old January 23, 2020

Working together...

Funny and a great movie!

Teen, 15 years old Written byJonathan King F... December 27, 2019

Actually pretty good!

To be honest,this movie is actually pretty good! The cast is good,the writing is good,and so is the message. But it can be a bit boring at times.
Letter grade:B

Written byAnonymous August 3, 2019

No kids movie but good messages

Aright no kid's movie for sure. I think there is a-lot of fights and some rude/cruel momnets. Mention of 'not loving us' is heard. There is a-lot of slap/joke violence throughout the movie. Parents: languge is heard and also lots of sex mention. But in the end they (mainly the dad) learns an important lesson.

Kid, 11 years old February 28, 2015

Kind of like Real Life.

Some lovey-dovey parts and gross stuff. Don't watch with a sensitive 8 year old, but other than that 8+ will love it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBethany331 January 1, 2015

Great fun!

This is a really fun and lively movie. It's comedy and really great for the whole family!
Kid, 10 years old August 25, 2014

Hysterical!

Don't trust the rotten tomatoes or Common Sense! Just watch this movie!

Teen, 13 years old Written byTara13 July 3, 2014

Cute! I'd give it 3 1/2 stars!

Cheaper by the Dozen is a cute, funny movie good for tweens and up. Just a few iffy parts. The mom and dad show off a little and at one part he says something and she shakes her butt as she walks away. Then later makes a sexual comment to one of the reporters. Other wise minus bit of language a good film for the (older) family!

Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2013

Okay movie

Nice movie but it should do better

Kid, 11 years old March 2, 2013

Ok but naughty

Funny movie but some of the characters do naughty things that some younger kids might try to mimic, like bad pranks, and running away.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 August 24, 2012

Cheaper by the dozen is not bad

thought it was really good don't know why everybody says its bad

Educational Value
Kid, 11 years old March 19, 2012

ugg, why did they make this?

in other words, just plain dumb, don't bother watching this

Teen, 14 years old Written bysympatico October 6, 2011

One of the best family films in a long time

This is a wonderful movie! It has a humorous, and interesting storyline that is very likeable; a family with 12 children must deal with the hilarious chaos that follows. There is a large amount of sexual references, but they will most likely go over younger kids heads. There are positive role models, and they get stronger as the film progresses; the kids learn to work together and be there for one another- not fight with each other all the time. This is a great movie with a great storyline, and I would definitely recommend it anytime.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysillywiz May 14, 2011

YAY

HAHAHA loved this movie :) :) :) :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bymadison bogdan March 26, 2011

A great family movie

I like the movie. It is a great family movie.
Kid, 12 years old March 17, 2011

One of my favorite movies ever

This is one of my favorite movies and whenever my mom and I rent movies I almost always pick this movie. One time when I was sick and had to stay home from school for a week the sequel to this movie was on tv two days in a row and I watched it both times and then the day after that they showed this movie two days in a row and I also watched it both times.