Kid reviews for Chef

Chef Poster Image

Fun to watch once or twice; strong language throughout

Good comedy but not great. The kind of movie I would pay a few dollars to get at a DVD store but not worth a ton of money. Only concern for kids is the movie’s fair amount of swearing, with about 50 uses of “f—k” (at least 1 being sexual) and many other uses of “s—t” and “a—hole”. One use of the sexual expletive “p—-y”. Mild smoking; online reviews report marijuana use, but I didn’t catch any, as it must have been very quick.

It was okay...

Honestly, it was okay, definitely not my favorites but entertaining. It is however, not for kids to watch alone. This is really just because of #1 the cussing and swearing. #2 because of two scenes where they talk about sex, and the ex-husband is bragging he slept with her after they divorced, etc. Then the second time where the chef actually asks his ex-wife who she slept with after they divorced. They start talking about somethings you wouldn't want your little kid hearing, so I suggest you skip that part like I did. There's also a scene where the dude in the food truck is (I skipped it.) putting powder in his underwear, not sure why or if I want to know, I watched this with my 11 year old and 16 year old brothers, so yeah that's pretty much why. Anyways, I don't really recommend it. Not that good. But if you're not looking for a great movie or one that doesn't have to be good quality this would be an option. Reviewed by Cool Kidz.

GREAT MOVIE

Lots of swearing, some sex, great movie overall. It has good messages about online safety and talks about Twitter a lot. Some drinking/smoking.

Excellent Movie!!

This is a great movie about a guy who starts a food truck. It has a lot of swearing but it isn't exactly excessive. Its like a real kitchen. Other than that I think it is appropriate for young kids.

Food truck movie

This movie was enjoyable and I recommend it. It’s a good movie for families.

Great movie! It has some bad language that is repeated a lot. Other than that, it's a great movie about food and the love between a father and son.

Really good!

Really good comedy movie for movie nights. "Chef" is about a father who is cooking all the time at a fancy restaurant but still has time to do fun things with his son. But as a food critic gives him a bad and personal review of the restaurant, he decides to quit and starts a food truck. It's a lovely movie with lots of laughs and funny moments. Although there are sexual references, a lot of cursing, etc., it's still a movie that can be enjoyed by anyone. Recommended!

Strong language throughout but depends on the maturity of the person watching. Excellent film however.

Great mother-daughter movie night

In general this was a great movie. Although parents should know that the word f*** is used regularly. I found that their was many positive messages during the movie. I recommend it for mature 11 year olds or older.