Kid reviews for Chemical Hearts

Chemical Hearts Poster Image

Chemical Hearts

I got absolute nothing out of this movie. The only good parts were the intro and ending. But other than that this was a huge disappointment.

This movie prods at a spot in teenagers hearts

This movie really touched my heart as a 16 year old. I have completely understood and felt this movie on the level it purposed.. the reason I’m not giving it 5 stars is because of the ending. I always dislike endings like that it really leaves the mind open to imagine what can happen, but it never gives closure. I don’t want to say it was treacherous because I do understand that most high school love stories always end.. even when you feel like that person is the one person you can’t live without the person you want to share your soul is gone. it’s realistic and it does leave a scar. unfortunately I think it’s kind of a one time movie because the feelings you get when you first watch it probably won’t come again. this movie is the reality of being a teenager.. it’s dark and hurtful but it makes you feel understood by someone else.

i'ts really good! Lili Reinhart kill it as always!

it was amazing, this story is more real, its not a typical romance and we have to appreciate that, actually touches on more topics like trauma and loss, Lili and Austin acted so good, also I cried a lot with Lili. finally I think you can learn from it and also think differently after seeing it, I recommend that you see it, it is very beautiful!

LOVED ITTT

Chemical hearts review

This movie was utterly disappointing. I read the book before I watched the movie and let’s just say the book was one of the best I’ve read in a long time. But this movie just ripped off the book in every which way. There is no character development and backstory for any characters. Both the main actors are very good in the other performances they starred in but this movie didn’t express their talent for acting enough. Although Lili Reinhart showcased grace town well and the emotions she feels, I felt that most of the movie showed no emotion especially in the Henry Page character which was portrayed by Austin Abrams. He was monotone in the whole movie, where as the book showed that he actually wasn’t a zombie and had emotions. The movies plot missed many details and main scenes that should have been shown, also a lot of the main characters in the book had little to no lines in this film. A good example of this is the what is meant to be an attractive Australian Male but is now a creepy Ed Sheeran that had no lines, which was very disappointing. Don’t waste your time on this movie. I know there are lots of good reviews but don’t believe them. I wouldn’t have understood the plot at all if I hadn’t read the book beforehand and yet I still got confused about at places throughout the film.

Not what I expected

This movie was kinda disappointing to me. It also didn’t get a very good rating on most movie sites. I’ve read the book, and I feel that this movie didn’t quite live up to the standards of the book. I was disappointed cuz I am a fan of Lili Reinhart. But from a general movie-goers point of view, this movie was crap. The entire thing felt rushed, and I don’t think they properly expressed some of the details in the book.

Incredible!

Chemical Hearts is not that cliché teen film, it is much more than that. It addresses subjects that are often difficult to have in youth films. It shows the reality, it conveys the message that not everything is perfect, that we cannot change anyone, however much we love them. It shows insecurity, fear, love, the difficulties of being young. I absolutely loved the movie. Lili Reinhart performed perfectly well I was absolutely speechless!