Kid reviews for Child's Play (1988)

Child's Play (1988) Poster Image

great movie, watched it with my friends

I really liked this movie, Andy Barclay (a few years old) is a frikn god. There’s no nudity, no sex, but lots of violence and a bit of swearing. I like how Chucky only got revealed to most people at the end, and everybody (apart from the watchers, and Andy) thought he was just a doll for most of it. I don’t really like how Chucky kept coming back to life though, that was quite annoying. If you like this, make sure to watch Child’s Play 2, which I think is even better.
1 person found this helpful.

Awesome Thriller

Child's Play is about a murderer being put into the body of a doll and trying to end the life a child. That's all there is to the story as it isn't complex. Violence: 4/5. Lots of death and blood.\ Swearing: 3/5. Regular use of F bombs.

1 person found this helpful.

Good first horror movie the censored version

Good horror movie for tweens
I loved this movie It’s great not much violence no sex/nudity No drug use some language But 4.2/5
I was whating it at age of 10 11

Watch with parental guidance if young

The movie itself isn't bad, but I think the cheesy swearing masks the "horror" atmosphere which does make it seem less scary, however, there are a few scenes that I think up-the-rating to PG-13. One of them is a 2-4 second attempted SA scene. Nothing technically happens only because it was avoided, but I don't think younger kids (elementary through early middle school) should see that just because of what it implies. Also, there was a moderate-length scene with nudist imagery painted across all walls of a room, it's nothing too graphic just lewd a bit (since the walls depict naked adults; probably 7+ of them). Also, the swearing (as mentioned above) is cheesy, but it also happens more often than these reviews claim. The F-word is said at least 7+ times and sl*t is said 2-4? times. Also, other profanities are said a few times. Other then that the only other two scenes I can think of are the one where a woman falls out of a window and crashes onto a car on-screen. Lastly, a man gets electrocuted to death and blood comes out of his eyes and possibly mouth. That is the most graphic death scene of the movie, the other death scenes aren't as graphic, but still might spook young kids.

An amazing horror movie but contains profanity, violence, horror and some smoking and occasional drinking are committed- definitely not recommended for children under 15

Ok

Good movie 4 or 5 F-bombs some blood but no gore but it is pretty good

One of my favourite horror movies of all time! I loved how realistic it was it is a great movie! But yeah it does contain some strong violence, horror and some bad language.

childs play

*spoilers* childs play is a great movie i am a big fan of chucky. it had lots of swearing blood and murder but i overall found it not that scary. some parts were even funny including when he was trying to stab someone but ended up just poking his butt. andy, the child, said a bad word because chucky told him to and chucky takes advantage of him. if you like this one you should definitely check out childs play 2 i found it better than this. it could give a smaller child nightmares but most can probably handle it