Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Child's Play (2019)

Gory killer doll/slasher reboot is unexpectedly fun.

Adult Written bymckennanapier June 27, 2019

GORY! But good.

Gory. Not really scary, Chucky's face is pretty laughable. The comedy/jokes in this are surprisingly really funny. I'm 18 and gagged at some of the gore. NOT for anyone below 14/15. I loved it.

Parent of a 18+ year old Written byScaryMovieMan June 25, 2019

Chucky is back and better than ever

Hey parents. Before I go and tell you the content of this movie I should say that I brought my kids and my friend brought her kids. My kids are 8 and 12 and hers are 8 10 11 and 2 and they all enjoyed the movie and laughed they didn't get scared at all. Ok now into the content of the movie. The film has a few very graphic and gory kills but like i said its just a few like 5 total maybe 6. The language isn't constant but there is about 20 or 25 F bombs but don't let that stop you from enjoying this movie. The story is compelling and i wasn't bored for a single second. The acting really sells this. Mark hamill (the joker from the batman cartoons. Luke skywalker) as chucky is such a perfect fit. I don't wanna give any spoilers so this will be a rather short review. In conclusion let your kids watch this as long as they understand the kills aren't real (as real as they may look) and its just actors. But over all this film treats the childs play name with respect. If your a childs play fan then 99% of yall will enjoy this. Until next time

Adult Written byKnife head June 24, 2019

Gory chucky movie is AMAZING

Child's play is amazing. There is a lot of blood and gore, severed limbs, bloody stabbings, blood spurts, drones cut, slice and kill a few people, a mans head is brutally mangled with a mower, then he is stabbed multiple times, blood is everywhere, his corpse is later seen with all of his face skin peeled off, there is lots of profanity as well but Chucky is amazing, this movie is just amazing. 17+ is a good age rating.
Adult Written bydadreviews1013 July 5, 2019

Child's Play (2019) Review

Child's Play is an modern age re-imagining of the classic 1988 slasher flick. How does it hold up? Firstly, the film was good. It was entertaining and funny while keeping the suspense up. However, I strongly believe that this should have been just an film about a smart doll and not Chucky. Secondly, the film uses it R-rating quite well and it results in unexpectedly gory and graphic deaths. Throat get stabbed, chest stabs, skinned corpse, and etc. Finally, I found the film enjoyable as an stand-alone but certainly not an remake of Child's Play. The film gets an C!

Adult Written bysquid_888 June 29, 2019

Solid movie, believable and funny.

Solid mix of horror and humor, while making it still believable. The robot chucky makes it original and unpredictable and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I say 16+ because it is VERY violent and leaves nothing to the imagination. Honestly, I thought it’d be cheesy but I am very glad to say it is definitely worth the watch!!

Parent of a 15 year old Written byLeofilmer June 29, 2019

Bloody and strong language.

This is a very bad movie. Don't see it

Adult Written byTrezzya June 27, 2019

I really enjoyed it! Its definitely a child's play for the age and once you can get past the new look you can appreciate the new story line

Adult Written byAnonymos June 24, 2019

This is appropriate but not that good

Parent of a 12 year old Written byF. P. June 23, 2019

Not a scary as original.. this version is more robotic

Chucky is not as much a doll as he is a robot. So that part is not as scary as he even looks like a robot. There is some killing ( 2nd half ), but the film is peppered with humor. Andy is maybe 12-13 years old and his friends are tweens so they joke about and curse as kids would. There is cursing. If there is a sexy scene- its minimal as we see the mother going into the shower from behind through a camera lens in her bra and panties. nothing is shown.
Adult Written byClairvoyant00 June 23, 2019

This is awwwful no the worst chuckie movie ever

Don’t even bother wasting your money with this movie “I want my money back” left me with that awful feeling
Adult Written byMarlon44 June 22, 2019

Chucky

You movie childs play
Adult Written bydanim1791 June 22, 2019

Why.

Why would someone watch this....
Adult Written byPlaydead98 June 22, 2019

Suprisingly good

I think that childs play isn't a movie for kids at all but they should be allowed watch it

Parent of a 3 year old Written byStewart M. June 22, 2019

Campy violence that may scare younger viewers.

There’s less swearing in this installment, as Chucky is now just an evil robot instead of a killer in a doll’s body. The violence is over the top campy, but real enough that it may freak out young audiences.

Parent of a 2 year old Written byAnounymous June 21, 2019

This is appropriate but not good!

Adult Written byNegiasonic Teen... June 21, 2019

Rainbow Dash

Jason Voorhees and MR Chuck.

Adult Written byMattDash00 June 21, 2019

Child's play and I love Rainbow Dash.

Deadpool Dash and MR Chuck.

Adult Written bymanokcilik June 21, 2019

Adult Written byBlue37 June 20, 2019

be happy alexa isn't a needy doll

Its pretty good, a little gory at times and some swearing. I took my 12 yr old and my 14 yr old. they made it threw . My 12 yr old is a little creeped out but over all fine. There were plenty of laughs and some good jump scares. A little intense for a 12 yr old but great for a group of 14+ yr olds.
Adult Written byMarkDavis June 20, 2019

Best movie I have seen in a long time

I think that the movie is not very violent and kids who are 13+ can watch the movie