All parent member reviews for Christmas with Holly

Parent Written byBPmichigan December 26, 2012

Excellent movie, great role models, clean material best understood by adults

Christmas with Holly is a nice addition to the Hallmark Hall of Fame series. The content is clean (can't say that about many new movies) and the story is excellent, especially if watched more than once. The movie also shows how important it is to have connections between family and friends - All the characters in this movie (aside from the selfish girlfriend) need each other. The movie does not contain any offensive material, but is not really geared toward kids - Although some kids can relate to the experience that Holly is going through (the grief of losing a parent, problems at school, and having to move to a different environment), challenges that the adults are facing (such as suddenly having parental responsibilities without any time to prepare, not being able to count on anyone else to provide adequate care for the child, or the disappointment of being left at the altar) cannot be understood by especially young audiences.
Adult Written byOld Codger December 24, 2012

Nice trio of very believable brothers

Firstly, I'm a sucker for Hallmark movies, but very critical of bad acting. I'd rather see good actors put effort into a mediocre script than names sleepwalk through roles.. That said, this one surprised even me: good script, good acting, and, wonder of wonders, three characters who actually look like they could be brothers behaving like brothers. I did find the selfish soon-to-be-ex-girlfriend a bit overwritten. Bless the good actress who played that thankless role.