Kid reviews for Cinderella (2021)

Cinderella (2021) Poster Image

It's no joke that this movie is so horrible...DO NOT WATCH!

None of the previous two Cinderella movies were any good at all...and this Amazon original remake won't change that.

4 people found this helpful.

Great Movie- Not like original Cinderella is about female empowerment 9+

This movie is a great movie and I TOTALLY do not understand what people have against it and also just because your Christian doesn’t mean that you have to hate on the LGBTQ+ community publicly. I loved how there were so many famous people that everyone knew in the movie. I love love loved the fairy godmother. Might possibly be confusing for some younger kids. I loved the female empowerment stuff too. Also, to the people that are stuck in the 70s- it’s not supposed to be like the original Cinderella! It’s supposed to be female empowerment to you can get into the 21 century and learn that woman can do what they want to do.

3 people found this helpful.

Beautiful modern style fun remake with wonderful songs.

The new Cinderella movie by Sony Pictures and Amazon Studios retells the beloved famous fairy tale with a few changes and songs in all kinds of genres such as pop, rock, classic… It’s a very entertaining fun inspirational romantic musical film from the beginning to the end with famous songs such as Ed Sheeran’s “Perfect”, Jennifer Lopez’s “Let’s Get Loud”, Madonna’s “Material Girl” and Queen’s “Somebody To Love” with two new originals from Camila Cabello and Idina Menzel who also voiced for Elsa in Frozen. These songs give energy to the movie and makes it more fun and entertaining as I said earlier. The film delivers the messages such as that you can do whatever you want, even if it doesn’t stick to the status quo because when you become a success in what you’ve been working on, the status quo will also change according to you and that there is nothing you can’t do if you believe in yourself and work very hard. Sure, they’ve added a male for the fairy godmother a and named him as “Fab G”, but it didn’t ruin the movie for me because if it was a female, the song “Shining Star” played at the scene where Cinderella meets Fab G won’t be beautiful as it is with the male. Also, if they didn’t do that change, it will be the same movie by Disney with new actors and songs from another movie company. There are more changes but I won’t mention them as they could spoil the film. This new remake of Cinderella is really really great and Sony proved that they could be better than good old Disney.

Complete Trash

This may look like a fun adaptation of the original cinderella story but the acting is bad, the jokes aren't funny, and the singing is the rip-off version/remakes of other songs. I would never recommend this movie to anyone. It's cringy and felt poorly written. Watch at your own risk.

boring movie

This movie is garbage, the jokes are not funny at all, and the songs they sing are songs that already exist. It’s very boring, and the cgi on the rats is really bad, they look horrible, the acting, and writing is trash. Clearly Hollywood is running out of ideas, we don’t need anymore Cinderella remakes.

I Watched This Movie Three Times In A Row

This movie was amazing! I watched it with my 9-year sister and she loved it as well. Most of the songs were remakes of other songs, and it was great! I actually liked some of these versions of the songs better than the originals. I loved the new take where Ella doesn't become queen and is a dressmaker. I loved that they gave each character a personality. Ella was humorous, confident, and strong-willed. Princess Gwen - which was a great addition - was outspoken, opinionated, but still likable. Prince Robert was rebellious, passionate, and didn't just like Ella for her looks, but for her personality attitude. The King and Queen's banter was great. I love that Vivienne (the stepmother) was able to be redeemed and that she got a big role since I love Idina Menzel's voice. I just loved this movie, I actually watched it three times in a row and listen to the soundtrack all the time. Definitely watch this movie or at least listen to the soundtrack.

2 people found this helpful.

Worst Remake I have EVER seen....

This movie seriously played with my expectations, it was way below than I had ever thought.... It was so cheesy that i couldn't even finish the film, I understand that they were trying really hard to make the film as modern as possible, From female role models to LGBTQ+ characters, It tried really hard to be coming of age but it completely missed the mark, I was excited to see Camilla Cabello playing a part but I just didn't like her here as Cinderella..... I would recommend watching the previous live remakes or better is to watch the original animated Cinderella...... The character of the prince was just weird with very bad jokes and most of the people were overly dramatic, The trailer did get me excited but it dropped quite low on my expectations. Final statements: I am rating this a 6/10 just because of great role models and it trying to be modern and thats it other than that this movie ranks low on all the cinderella movies and remake.... Thanks for reading my review:)

2 people found this helpful.

So cheesy and just terrible.

This movie starts out great showing how it’s great to follow your dreams. Not to be rude but the LGBTQ+ fairy god”mother” is just to confusing for younger kids and brings up questions on these topics. It also has a lot of inappropriate statements such as “I think I wanna have your babies” and so on. So it brings up multiple questions that are serious topics. So if your child dosent yet know about these topics, I recommend not watching the movie. Also, I don’t like the main moral or feminist ideas expressed in the movie. I totally support following your dreams, but the Prince in the story had to give up his dream of becoming king for her. You may say he dosent want to be king but you have to think he would be excited since he was technically born to be king and you have to think he was at least looking forward to it. Also the fact that his sister became Queen adds to the feminist aspect. Overall, I thought Ella was pretty selfish and ungrateful when it came to the Prince choosing her and loving her. She should have felt at least honored. The fact that she was selfish enough to make the Prince loose and give up his dream just for her and her not even acknowledge.

Just No...

This movie started out great. The trailer was amazing and the moment it came out I wanted to watch it. I am 13 and my brother, who watched it with me, is 7. Now take note that we are a Christian Family, we support LGBTQ+ community and love them, my brother does not"fully" understand the situation. My parents usually explain it to us when they know we have a full understanding of what is right in God's eyes and stuff. But that's just our opinion and please don't take this personal., but that is the main reason I put the age I did. So we started the movie and it has to be the cheesiest remake of a classic that has ever been created! The story line was HORRIBLE, the modern day changes to make it "relatable" were so disappointing, and extra finishing touches of the LGBTQ+ and Feminist touched made it even worse. GO WATCH DISNEY'S LIVE ACTION ONE!!! IT'S SO MUCH BETTER!! Also the sex talk in this show was absurd to be rated PG. "I want to have your baby," "the disgusting practices of making a son," etc. All which leads to questions from little ones. Will never watch again. Even the music, which i thought would be amazing because I love several of the actors/actresses, was so disappointing. Extremely cheesy and don't recommend.

2 people found this helpful.
1 person found this helpful.