Kid reviews for Cinderella

Sweet fairy-tale classic for little princes and princesses.

Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 July 10, 2010

Another great Disney movie!

I really enjoyed this film. Another Disney classic. Violence: There is some mild violence, most notability in the scene in which Cinderella's stepsisters rip away at her dress until she's left in rags. Cinderella's stepfamily mentally abuses her as well, and Lady Tremaine is very coldhearted. Sex: Just a bit of kissing. Some of the messages are, unfortunately, negative. The stepmother and stepsisters are extremely rude and could perpetrate the message that all stepfamilies are this way. Also, Cinderella lets her stepfamily mistreat her and waits for a prince to save her, which could send a message that woman need to depend on a man in their lives. With that being said, Cinderella also shows great patience by not retaliating back at her stepfamily and finding goodness in even the worst situations.

Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater June 24, 2010

A Disney Classic!!!!!

i like this movie. It's a classic. It has memorable songs. It has very good messages. It has humor. I highly recommeded it

Kid, 12 years old August 21, 2013

Good

Yes, it's good, good songs, funny characters, but Cinderella is a bit "lets sit around and wait for a prince because I can't do anything myself". If younger children take Cinderella as a role model, great, they'll clean the house, be nice, and kind. If older children copy her, though, they might end up being a bit too, what's the word?, 20th century stereotypical women. Although, to be fair to disney, that was the original story. However, great for younger children, the scariest stuff is a cat trying to eat mice and the stepmother looking scary... Little kids will love it
Kid, 10 years old October 4, 2012

4 & up

well i think that Cinderella is educational but it does have kissing but all kids that know what princesses are they know it starts sad and then they kiss the toad or prince besides that its good for young kids

Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2014

Cinderella may be an old classic, but it still sticks to me! :3

Cinderella, based on the classic fairy tale, is a great movie which teaches you an important lesson that has been passed down for centuries into a great animated movie that would attract kids of young age. It isn't totally amazing, though, since Cinderella just waited for the prince to come over and win her back after the ball (that's a little bit too lazy right there) just because she just happened to lose her glass slipper that could have easily tumbled down the stairs and shattered, but it miraculously doesn't, and I also think the Princess Movies should not always have a happy ending because it would become too girlish and happy.

Teen, 17 years old Written byHorace Williams January 4, 2015

Beautiful like always.

Cinderella is a Heavenly instant classic that everyone knows and loves. Everything's perfect, from the beautiful animation to the perfect acting, from the likeable characters to the fabulous singing/songs. Disney is amazing, hands down.
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

Sucks!

I saw this movie with my sister. It's to Girly for me.
Teen, 14 years old Written bythatthinginthecorner July 12, 2014

Another Classic Disney Film.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good Disney movie as much as the next person, but I agree that these classic films aren't sending the right messages to children, particularly small girls. The idea that a handsome, wealthy man is going to come save you is not the best thing to tell your child, especially at their most absorbent age. I think if a parent shows this to their kids, they should explain the importance of standing up for what's right, and push the importance of good looks down a notch. There is a bit of kissing, I'll admit, and when Lucifer (the cat, not the angel) chases mice, children may be shocked. Good luck.

Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 May 29, 2011

It's as lovely as it's name.

Cinderella for the very small amount of you who don't know this charming story, is about a pretty and charming young girl who is constantly forced to become a servant in her house by her wicked stepmother. When an invitaiton comes to the king's ball insisting that all elligible maidens attend, Cinderella doesn't expect to go. However with the help of her loyal mouse friends and fairy godmother her dreams can come true. Parents should know they metion the death of both Cinderella's parents. This can be hard for young children to understand. Cinderella is a damsel in distress, but is kind and sweet to everyone, and the mice go to great lengths to help their friend. . The message is that your dreams can come true, and your true friends will help you reach those dreams. The characters other than the prince are charming(No pun intended folks), funny(especially the evil stepsisters and the mice), and just plain likeable. The songs are very memorable. (Possibly the 2nd best Walt era songs next to Pinocchio), and the story is sweet. What more could you ask for?

Kid, 11 years old April 23, 2010

My Rating: A+

A Disney classic. Cinderella is a good role model because she does what she is ordered to do and remains happy. Some scenes like when the stepsisters tear her dress may seem a bit scary but everything turns out happy in the end. (I remember when I was in second grade and we watched it - the boys hated it.)

Kid, 8 years old January 31, 2010

Go Disney!

After I watched this movie, I've loved Disney. It was one of the best movies that Disney has EVER made. I would say it is good for kids that are 1 and a half. The stepmother can get a little scary though.

Teen, 16 years old Written byMr. King December 19, 2012

Just as bad as Alice in Wonderland!

Look,I understand that this is a classic Disney film,but it is too girly for me!!! It's so boring! Same goes for Alice in Wonderland!
Kid, 10 years old July 3, 2011

dumb

cinderella may be nice and pretty but she's also kind of an idoit. she can't stand up for herself wich I think is dumb. :(

Teen, 14 years old Written byNectaria August 31, 2009
Teen, 16 years old Written bywho3697cares December 13, 2009
The animation was a huge step forward compared to the previous films, the mice represent some of the best comic relief characters, and some moments stand up with the best of Disney. What is truly disappointing is that, more than any other Walt Disney film I can think of, the characters are subjected to a single emotion.
Kid, 10 years old September 13, 2013

Grade for Cinderella: B+

Every time something weird happened, I laughed. Violence: Ripping a dress apart. Yelling. Sexy stuff: Ripping a dress apart. Maybe a kiss from Cinderella to the prince, but I don't remember. Language: Not applicable. Consumerism: Not applicable. Drinking, drugs, and/or smoking: Not applicable.

Kid, 11 years old June 13, 2014

Cinderella

I wasn't alive when this movie first came out but I remember my grandma got me this movie when i was 4 and i watched once and was in movie love.Cinderella was a little violent because of her stepmother being so cruel to her,but as the movie progresses it gets better.

Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 March 15, 2015
A classic.

Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus December 15, 2012

Good, but could be better.

Not nearly as good as other Disney movies.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysavage101 March 18, 2017

Great movie

Best for little kids but I still watch it