Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 6 parent reviews

Sort by:

Dark and fun

It's a good Halloween movie. My 11 & 8 year old daughters loved it and thought it was funny. It's a little intense if you have sensitive children.

YEAH!!!!!!!,I am 12!,And i can that movie!

bizarre

I loved the book series when I was young, so I was excited to see the movie. I admit being a little disappointed; it was difficult to tell if it was supposed to be scary or funny!! In the book, it's almost all creepiness and horror, but the movie seemed to throw in some jokes that were not funny at all. There's nothing particularly bad in it, and if your kids can handle Twilight, they can handle this. It's just that there's not much worth watching, really.

I liked the interaction between characters, and the positive message about how everyone isn't always beautiful or perfect, but they can be good on the inside. There was some violence when super natural creatures were battling. And some of the "Freaks" from the Circus were very intense in their freakiness. It is not your typical tween type movie and b/c we liked it so much, we are going to check out the books.

Cirque du freak great for 10+

some laugage but other wise just like pirates of carribean may be scary for 9 and younger

Needs assistance to be more freaky fun.

This movie doesn't add much to the vampire genre.... It's not gory or sensual enough to appeal to teens, but a bit too scary/mature for younger kids. That leaves a pretty narrow demographic of tweens / fans of the book. For their parents, Reilly is great, and there's some humor; but really, no bite! See two moms review it together on YouTube: "Gab and guest review Cirque du Freak"!