Parent and Kid Reviews on

Cirque du Freak: The Vampire's Assistant Poster Image
Our Review

Based on 39 kid reviews

Sort by:

Some people are kind of wrong on this

Some people are saying that this movie is darker than the books but i can assure you otherwise. Atleast on the regard of the accurate to original manga(the writer himself worked together with the artist on it) this is a lot lighter than the books even if it has cussing which is the least brutal thing they could do. The books have child deaths and honor defiling executions betrayal,murder and plenty more. Overall if you shut your brain off and don't think about the books this movie is okay i guess. But if you are like me and cannot do so this movie is a total disgrace. The character of Larten Crepsley is simplified whilst simultaneously being built up as some sort of majestic mastermind with him creating the tactic of not killing when drinking blood despite him being a total weakling. In the books that thing and the divide of vampaneeze and vampires was a thing from way back in the history. Murlough in the books is eventually easily killed by Crepsley and in no way could have made Crepsleys scar as that was made by Evanna in the books and it was a singly deep scar and not three almost unnoticeable cat scratches but back to the point...Murlough in the movie is built up too much in the books he was an insane vampaneeze who murdered for fun and his death did not start the war. Ontop of that both Darren and Evra were turned into annoying whiny teens and the characters are too old as in the books they're closer to 13years old. I could go into even more detail and nitpick but i'm too lazy to do so...overall it's an okay movie if watched without any relation to the books but even then it's a little bit whatever.

Great Story

It would be good to watch with a parent. Could be scary for some people.

Not as violent as the books

This site says that this movie is darker than the books but it is actually the opposite way around. The books are way more violent than the movie.

terrible

The books were great, and the movie won't ruin them, but this was terrible. It was incredibly boring and did not stay completely true to the books. If you want to explore this series, read the book. And if you don't take my word for it, you will see that many (who saw the movie and read the book) will agree

Fine vampire movie

This vampire thriller is not the best vampire movie, but it's still okay. Beware: John C. Reilly's characters has a spider for a magical assistant. For those who have arachnophobia, do not watch!!! I did like the part when Evra starts playing an electric guitar on stage and his pet snake tries to eat the amp - that was funny!!!!

Cirque Du Freak

Families can talk about how this vampire thriller differs from other movies such as kick ass, sex in movies etc for kids it is not cool for them to watch especailly Pitch perfect which is awsome foursome.

Try it : )

This film (Cirque du freak: the vampires assistant) many things that are totally appropriate and some totally not. This film is about Darren Shan who goes to a circus called cirque du freak. Cirque du freak has many people who might be a little frightened on the performers. You should look at pictures of these people in the cirque. Alexander Rids, the cirque's wolfman, Corma Limbs, and Evra Von. This film also has a lot of bad words. These words are pretty bad. Please be aware of that so you know that it's going to happen. This film has some scary image's such as madam octa attacking Steve and the wolfman ripping of Corma Limbs arm off (Corma's limbs can grow back) which was pretty graphic. This movie was also a very good movie that kids should enjoy so please block out the bad parts and let them watch the rest it's really good : )

Crappy Movie

Language was pretty much fine except they did say , Swear words , They def said bullsh*t. I just know Mr.Crepsley says that. One word I learnt as a 11 year old girl is larcenous. I don't get what is so scary about it? It wasn't at all. Those who said it was scary , You must be chickens. I just loathed the movie. It was not alike the books. It was totally different. I'm not here to tell you the differences but you'll see it for yourself. Books were great . 9.5/10 I shall say. Movie , Hmmmm... 3/5.

A very disappointing movie

To be honest, I was very dissapointed with the movie. I`m a big fan of darren shan`s books but the movie , compared to the books, was terrible, in my opinion. For example, In the book the vampires assistant they didn`t know the name of the creature, known as Harkat, till book 4, vampire mountain and for another example, in the book they found the ticket to cirque du freak, not pratically handed to them by Mr.Tiny in a Limousine. It was little things like that, that annoyed me. When I read books, its all about the little details that I hold on to, but I felt that this movie was completely irrelevant to the books and so I was very dissapointed with this movie.

What?!

I thoughht this movie was Rated R.