All parent member reviews for Clash of the Titans

Parent of a 12 and 13 year old Written bynedlobnorac April 16, 2010

go persius!

love it! stays true to the original with a modern twist
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

Great Mythological Fantasy Adventure

Parent Written byTheAgeOfGaggy December 18, 2012

Everyone relax, it's just people fighting with clay figures.

Some people are going over board with their reaction to this movie as it pertains to the appropriate age. I saw it when I was 11 and loved it. I was going to wait for my son to be older (he's 8), but he's expressing a unique enthusiasm for Greek mythology. The key is knowing your child. A ten year old might find it scary and an 8 year old might not. It depends on the child. As for the nudity, there is nothing sexual about it. My son found it more funny than anything else. I'm sure the reaction of a 13 year old (or above) would be quite different. There is also talk of Zeus and his conquest of women, but it is all done in innuendo and the true meaning easily escapes young ones. Then there's the special effects. They are just down right laughable. But they create a good topic of conversation with your kids, explaining to them just how much differently effects were made back then. It's just people fighting with monsters, no where near as bad as Star Wars, which has people decapitating other people.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bypieisnotpie October 24, 2010
it shows an full open breast in the world does this make a 9 year olds movie i would not approve this movie for anyone younger than 18
Parent of a 3, 6, and 8 year old Written bymr.travis February 11, 2010

NOT a children's movie!

My son was invited to a 9-year-old birthday party with this movie as the centerpiece, so I watched it in advance and had to say NO. Even with its charmingly antiquated animations, it's genuinely terrifying for a child. Not just swordplay and blood, but things like a mother and baby, both screaming, put into a coffin and thrown into the ocean. The Medusa scene is really suspenseful and gory, even if it's fake. And though my son sees the people in our family naked all the time, he's never seen nudity on screen and I think there's a difference, especially when you've gathered a room full of 9 year olds to watch it together. There are no children in this movie - and there's nothing in it to suggest it's a children's movie.
Adult Written byjace April 9, 2008

Shocking nudity!

This is R material here. I was shocked that it had been rated PG.
Educator Written bygroundupart April 6, 2010

It's a big favorite at our house...

This would be a good alternative to the 2010 release. The nudity is very brief and not very sexual. Along with "Jason and the Argonauts," it is a good example of stop-motion photography techniques. It could be a way to introduce Greek myths as an interest for self-guided study and reading.
Adult Written byjmo97 August 17, 2016

Watch out! There's nudity! (I SO disagree with CSM with this one)

This movie was released before PG-13 even existed, and it might even make parents of today uncomfortable because of one scene where a woman is shown topless and breastfeeding her child (this lasts a few seconds). The violence in this film isn't too intense because a lot of the stop motion effects look very dated, but there are still scenes of stabbings and a decapitation, with some blood. I wouldn't recommend this to children because of the nudity (even if it's not a lot), but I do think that mature teens who may be tired of CGI would find enough merit in Perseus' character traits to appreciate the morals in the story. 6.5/10
Parent of a 1 and 9 year old Written bypittzgreen August 2, 2015

Nudity & Blood Violence. NOT for kids under 18

This movie appears to be incorrectly rated by the MPAA as well as Common Sense.
Parent Written byMeerkat.dog.yo July 17, 2015

Great, but some nudity.

I loved this movie, but there was some nudity.... like, a lot. First of all, it shows a baby breast feeding, and the mother's breasts are visible. Also, that cuts to a scene of the mother and child naked on the beach, with their backs to the camera. And finally, the lead female gets out of a hot tub, and the camera is at an angle so you see part of her breast. There's also a very gory scene where the main character chops off a monster's head, and there's gushing blood. Overall, great movie, and I would see it again.
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written bylsdavinci August 15, 2013

Silly movie with a decent story but IMO not for the entire family...

I was 12 when I first saw this movie in the theaters. With that said along with the "know your child" concept, I give it a pause on 10 and under simply because the movie could be a little intense in terms of violence and the partial nudity. Today, this movie would have gotten at least a PG-13. So I won't be showing this to my 8 year old but will definitely be showing this to my 12 year old.
Adult Written byClassicCultReviewer June 17, 2009