All parent member reviews for Clash of the Titans

Educator Written byKC4 April 5, 2010

Fighting & Overall not great

Some of the creatures would be scarey for some children/tweens. Lots of fighting. Overall, the movie wasn't all that impressive.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byedklat June 12, 2015

Parent of a 2, 6, and 8 year old Written byaquatiki August 2, 2012

Movie Man already said it all

Scary, violent, and yet dull and poorly-made, this disappointing fantasy action film (from one of my favorite directors) is not worth your time in my opinion. I was really disappointed when I left the theater. I couldn't believe someone could screw up so bad. Despite some cool action scenes, there's nothing else running for this movie. Bad overall. Not the worst, but bad. Parents: This movie is scary for young kids, and it has some sexual content. Thanks for reading, but if you really want to see this movie, don't let me discourage you! - Movie Man
Adult Written byanonymous57 April 15, 2012

bearable

The whole point of this movie is the special effects which unfortunately aren't even very good
Adult Written byage 10+ April 1, 2012

Ok Fantasy Flick

Adult Written byashbudgie1 July 9, 2011

Better than expected

It's fine for most older kids. There's a lot of violence, but it's not that gory, and there's no sex and only a few curse words. It's a lot of fun!
Adult Written bybdh June 12, 2011

forgetable

intense movie that is forgetable
Adult Written byMovieMan26 October 11, 2010

Very disappointing

Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byCaoimheMorana September 9, 2010

Great Learning Tool

Though I have no true problem with the amount of violence in this movie, I marked it as a concern because it is rather violent. I think it's perfectly fine for any child 10+ because it is based on Greek mythology, which is history, which they learn in school. The story stays fairly close to the Greek myths and legends, so I have no problem with it. This is a perfect way to get a child interested in History.
Parent of a 6, 9, and 10 year old Written bykukumba July 6, 2010

It was a cool, action-pact, and more or less actuate. There are some icky monster guts and medusa was animated perfectly, but if your showing it to young ( 9-10 ) kids buy a book on mythology and read them the story first. Also it has a bit of swearing. Definitely see the movie yourself before your kids.
Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written byflashinthepan May 21, 2010

Don't waste your money on 3D, wait for the DVD and save yourself a big dissapointment!

What a dissapointment! The original movie, even though a little hoakier, was far better. It was better in telling the story of Perseus, better in its build up of his quest and purpose and better in its general delivery of the story. Whereas this movie didn't develop at all or give much needed background to set up the story. It was mostly shot dark with a bunch of situations Perseus found himself in but if you don't know the original story, you would never understand the purpose of what this movie was supposed to be about. Just an over hyped, dumb, and poorly acted movie. This could have been sooooo much more. What more can I say....It was totally lack-lustre in 3d. They should have kept it 2D because the 3D was so nothing and nothing like Avatar. Don't waste your money. Wait till it comes out on DVD. Another screwy Hollywood directors, mentally arthritic take on what could have been a very powerful, entertaining and fascinating story.
Adult Written byFroHead May 9, 2010

It was OK, if you are in a mood to see a movie with random violence in a plot that makes no sense. Don't try to think if you watch it. The acting is not that great. And, yes there are both good and bad role models. Io, for example is selfless and a "strong woman" role model, as common sense would say. All of the Gods, on the other hand, are arrogant, selfish, and frankly quite stupid (especially Zeus, I mean what the heck, dude). They are not good role models, especially since they have so much power. They use swear words freely as well.
Adult Written bycyber_mom4 April 17, 2010

Not for kids

Violent and scary.
Parent of a 12 and 13 year old Written bynedlobnorac April 16, 2010

Go Persius!

love it - great adaptation of the original. story remains true while effects are good
Parent of a 8 and 12 year old Written bytimbern April 12, 2010

No 3D, no plot, not worth it

Wow. Can't say enough bad about it. Just a poorly done movie. The 3-D was on for only maybe 10 minutes of the movie (mostly just the credits and intro) at most, most of the movie is shot in 2D so don't bother with 3D unless you want to waste your money. Story was weak and action was so so. My 12 year old was expecting some wild 3D action, got none, wasn't expecting much of a plot, so little surprise there.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byrkh08 April 11, 2010

For the Older Kids

Its a movie for older kids. Reviews like the one at howemoviereview speak to the age challenges for this movie.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byboomilito April 9, 2010

good to all viewers

just injoy the show,its just only an intertainment
Parent of a 2, 3, and 5 year old Written byGotRustyB April 6, 2010

good clean popcorn flick

All in all I liked the movie. It was good. Not Earth shaking but good. I thought the special effects were good, the acting was better than the reviews said, and I liked the story. I didn't really dig the old one so maybe that's why it was easier to like this one. I don't know what people were expecting but this was a popcorn movie. If you're looking for Oscar worthy performances I would go see something else but if you're just looking for a good time. This movie really is decent. Also on another note, there is very little cussing and no nudity, which I thought was a positive thing. It's hard to find an action movie anymore without a ton of swearing or nudity but this one pulled it off and for that I am grateful.
Parent Written byPlague April 6, 2010

Clash of the Titans

The beginning started off kind of on the cheesy side. But as the movie progressed, the real breathtaking CGI effects started to kick in. This movie had a good plot, not great, but good. The violence was sort of mild throughout most of the movie, but the epic battle scenes would impress most viewers. This movie is a great film to watch for familys who love fantasy, that I am certain.
Parent Written bythepedens April 4, 2010

Bad movie...

bad acting... good effects predictable story some scary CGI monsters including "the Kraken", but you've already seen it in all it's glory in the trailers on TV for the past month...