Parent reviews for Cloak & Dagger

Fantasy-adventure is exciting but full of dark mayhem.

Based on 1 review

Adult Written byspencerh January 21, 2019

Lots of Fun; but very violent, with some profanity. For older kids only.

This movie was tons of fun. I was rather surprised at how much I enjoyed myself while watching it. Henry Thomas and Dabney Coleman give great performances and give the film lots of heart. However, while this may look like an innocent little kids or family movie, parents of small children beware it is the exact opposite. Also keep in mind it came out in 1984 when PG rated films are PG-13 by today's standards. This movie is filled with violence, and has a huge subplot of adults endangering children and threatening to kill them. Some of the threatening adult villians are likely to scare younger viewers. There are also several shootings which result in characters dying, or being critically injured. The violence has very little or no blood and is fine for older tweens and teens but is inappropriate for smaller children. There is also some profanity, including uses of the "s" word. It's a really fun movie, just make sure your children are old and mature enough to handle the violence and threatening situations that happen to the characters. Younger children should avoid, in addition to the violence and profanity being too much for them, they are likely to be confused by the story or to lose interest in it altogether.