All parent member reviews for Clockstoppers

Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byHighPlainsMom April 9, 2010

Very entertaining.....but why all the innuendo?

I had a great time watching this with my husband and kids. It was a totally blind pick off the shelf at Blockbuster. There might be some validity in calling it a "poor man's 'Back To The Future'" (many similarities despite no time travel) but it is an entertaining little movie that can appeal to children and adults. Perhaps it's just that I have preteen/earlyteen boys.....but I am always left dissapointed by the seeming insistance of tween-flick directors to include innapropriate dress of female characters and other odd insinuations. (In other words, the girl in the film would be sent home from my son's middle school if she came wearing clothes from the movie.) Kids will love the action, easy-to-follow storyline and strong male lead. Also some nice family bonding in the story. Parents will notice: * Female lead who has heavy accent in the first scene and none throughout the rest of the film * Obvious plot holes * Female lead frequently dressed in high cutoff shirts and low rise pants/skirts * Male co-star mentioning going to a party because of the likelyhood of seeing "naked girls in the pool" * Male co-star briefly seen fingering the pictures of lingerie models in a magazine There are a few very, very innocent kisses, appropriate for most age groups. Perhaps I am more sensitive than most to the above-mentioned items, but I have to put them down since the overall report only mentions "kissing" as a concern. On the whole, an entertaining movie for late-elementary ages and up.
Adult Written bydvdqueen March 7, 2012

i love you Jesse Bradford sooo much!!!

A cool movie so what if you actually got to freeze time? i thought Jesse Bradford was sooo cute in Clockstoppers. this really is a cool movie great for ages 10 and up!!!
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008