Kid reviews for Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs

Age-appropriate food adventure goes down easily.

Kid, 11 years old May 10, 2010

This is a great movie for kids!

I love it! It's not long, not short, and not much iffy stuff!

Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover159 March 20, 2017

Such a witty, humorous movie!!!

I don't know how Common Sense gave this review 3 stars! This movie is hilarious! If you need a movie for the whole family to laugh at this is the one! Flint never gives up and follows his dreams, and when they backfire he saves the day. Certainly a great role model! The animation and characters are superb and the whole movie is as funny as you can get!

Kid, 12 years old December 31, 2012

Okay...good time pass.

Parents, don't waste your time renting or buying this movie for your kids. Watch it on TV, because this isn't worth your money. It comes a lot on Cartoon Network(for free). I don't find it such a great movie. It's a good timepass, though. The MPAA rating is PG.

Kid, 10 years old May 8, 2010

yay

Flint from when he was young wanted to be a inventor and when hes older he does just that, but things start going teribly wrong. it was very funny when brent turned into a chicken n flint n sam fought them off..lol
Kid, 11 years old June 30, 2010

great movie

I loved this movie so much! great for the whole family
Kid, 7 years old September 24, 2009
i kind of like it,but it's better than the book.

Educational Value
Teen, 16 years old Written byBen29oak November 24, 2016

Kids will like it more.

It's not a bad movie, but the humor can be a little stupid sometimes, kids will like this movie, but teenagers and adults, no so much

Teen, 13 years old Written byEric Paul September 22, 2013
Teen, 14 years old Written bytheflickchick March 29, 2011

boring and pointless

I don't understand why people say this movie is so great. I read reviews for this movie all over, and i actually thought it would be great, but it was so repetitive and boring. The whole plot is basically how a inventor who was not liked made an invention to "save" his island. The invention was something that made it rain food. I don't know why people think it's so great. Bottom line: Raining food? Really? What where you people thinking?
Teen, 13 years old Written byTwilightgirl137 September 6, 2010

Great movie, but a little scary.

This was a very funny movie! This movie might scare kids like the chickens. The mayor isn't a good role model because he overeats, and he talks Flint into keep going just to be popular. Also, the bullies in Flint's school. But Flint is a good role model because he never gives up, and Sam understands him. Great movie

Teen, 14 years old Written bygeckogirl May 20, 2010

For me it was just too boring.

Boring. That's about all I have to say. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bygrantlyp108 March 28, 2010

A Great Family Movie!

A wonderful movie that the whole family will enjoy!

Kid, 8 years old July 5, 2015

Great disney flick for kids+

My rating:G
Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2012

Cloudy With A Chance of Meatballs

Common Sense Media is really wrong on their review. This is a great movie and is very kid-friendly, but I would definitely pause kids aged 6 because the movie has quite some violence in it towards the end of the movie. There is also an emotional background to the movie. I wouldn't let kids 0-4 watch this, it is iffy for 6 year olds, and is on for 8 and up. Very good movie, it's funny, slightly emotional, and has a lot of great cartoon violence.

Kid, 10 years old September 27, 2012

MEATBALLS

This movie was pretty good, but the Chicken Brent part is confusing. there is one mild curse, but generally it is good and clean.

Kid, 10 years old March 29, 2011

LOVED IT!!!!!!

LOVED IT SOOOO MUCH!!!!!! IT WAS SO CUTE!!!!! ESPECIALLY THE MONKEY WAS CUTE!!!!!! VERY CUTE!!!!!!!!! This was such a great movie!! Why does it have 2 stars? It was not weird at all! It had great animation!!! This is one of my favorites! Makes me hungry. I usually like to buy as much food as I can to eat during the movie so I don't get to hungry. Food falling from the sky. I would wish that really happened. IT WAS SUCH A GREAT MOVIE!!!! I LOVE CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF MEATBALLS!!!!! Or should I call it CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF AWESOMENESS!!!! It's on for all ages!!!!! Great for kids, tweens and up! Tweens will love it!! teenagers will love it even more and adults will go crazy over it!!!!! AWESOME KIDS MOVIE!!!! IT'S THE BEST!!!!!!!!!

Kid, 9 years old March 13, 2011
That was gross. I am vegan, and all there was is meat, and burgers. The only vegan stuff was broccoli, and fruit. And besides, the machine in the sky pumping out the huge brown bag that stretched out until it broke at the bottom, releasing an avalanche of food. It just looked like what you would see if you stuck a camera in the toilet. Face up. I can't believe I ate all those oily french fries beforehand.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytangled August 29, 2010

WHY common sense?

This is a great movie. I seriously had no idea why you gave it 2 stars. Because the main character is emotional enough or because it wasn't much like the book? Well, how could they made a whole movie with the concept of it raining food with no backstory? Anyways, I found the movie enteraining with adorable animation and a funny story.

Kid, 10 years old July 13, 2010

good all ages

sooooooooo funny and cute :)

Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviefreak124 November 4, 2009

Great for kids and parents and older people

Why I think it great for everyone because I saw 5 parents,17 Teens,and 20 grandparents