All parent member reviews for Clue

Parent Written byLalibela January 6, 2014

A FAVORITE Movie in Our House of Kids

Wow, I am so surprised by how off I am finding the reviews on this site lately. The worst movies of 2013 was off too. This is a favorite movie in our family. I have let my kids age 6-11 watch it and we are VERY conservative with what we watch. This is Tim Curry at his absolute best, and the supporting characters play it up right alongside him. t is supposed to seem like it takes places in the forties. There is some smoking and drinking, but I've talked to my kids before about how everybody smoked back then because they didn't know it was unhealthy. There is a bit of sexual innuendo which my kids did not get but I found the maid's cleavage the worst of the sexual content. There are plenty of lines in this movie that get repeated over and over in our house. This is right up here for us with Princess Bride. The kids like it has a little mystery and suspense (for them) and it gives them some safe thrills and chills. Personally, I have loved this movie since I first saw it and it has just grown on me. I've probably watched it over 30 times.
Parent Written bykimbal0313 November 26, 2012

For older kids

I was definitely not prepared for the many sexual references (prostitution, homosexuality, adultery, etc.) in this movie. Was not appropriate for my 10 year old for that reason. Would probably be PG13 if it weren't rated under the old rating system.
Adult Written byfletcher17 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byZaranai April 9, 2008

One of my favorites

It's an old movie. Not a flash-a-minute rush by any means, but still really good. The three endings will have you watching it again and again to try and figure out how you missed all the clues and how Tim Curry's slightly neurotic and completely cunning butler could see them. There are a few references to sex that aren't as easily lost in the fast banter as others, and the characters are drinking throughout most of the earlier scenes, but it's not a central theme - it's just sort of there. It is, obviously, a murder mystery so people die but it's handled in an almost comedic way with nothing graphic. Older movies are much more mild than newer ones, and this movie follows that theme well. A real classic!
Adult Written bympmleblanc2 August 25, 2009

Great family movie, but some adult situations/messages

Funny movie (slapstick) and mystery. Some adult situations (drinking, smoking, sexual preference, call girl). Most of it went over my kids heads (ages 8 and 10). But I think you need to know what your kids are watching and be prepared to answer questions. Better for older kids, but a great family movie.
Adult Written byrickydoo85 April 9, 2008