Kid reviews for Clue

Tedious movie based on board game; some innuendo, violence.

Teen, 13 years old Written byToastnJam April 10, 2011

They just don't make movies like this anymore...

I first saw Clue when it was on TV last Halloween and I, being a Rocky Horror girl, was in love with it by the time the opening credits had rolled by. I have since seen it 17 times (9 one month!). It's been my mission to expose as many others as possible to this forgotten gem of a movie--and I don't use gem lightly. Seriously folks, there is no way they could make it any better. The comedic timing is pitch perfect, as is the cast and setting. With only some minor language, a few remarks about sex (some more frank than others), and a brief kissy scene between Mrs. White and Mr. Boddy's corpse, Clue should be fine for most kids, although it will be better appreciated by those old enough to get the jokes. No words come to mind that can truly capture the spectacular epicness this movie possesses. My advice to you, dear reader, is as follows: go watch it. Now. You haven't lived until you've seen Tim Curry and Madeline Kahn on screen together. Pure, raw genius.

good movie

This movie really has nothing harmful about it. THere is a little sexual content, and they drink alcohol throughout the movie. It is, though, a very good movie. It is especially good if you've played the game
Kid, 12 years old February 18, 2013

Lots of Innuendo, but overall HILARIOUS!!!!!!

This is one of my most favorite movies ever!!!!! I was only like 10 when I first saw it and thought it was very fun and cool, but now as a teen (tween, whatever!) I see why my mom was reluctant. Although this movie is awesome, lemme clue you in on the caution parts (pun not intended!!!!!! Lol) VIOLENT CONTENT: ok, before you see this you need to make sure you know that people are frequently murdered and murdering in this movie. Characters are shot, strangled, hit over the head, and stabbed. A total of six (I think....) people are killed including two (no three) main characters ( by main, I mean ones who have more than ten lines!) SPOILER :its Mr. Boddy, Wadsworth, and Yevette SPOILER OVER! there is nothing too disturbing shown, just a knife found stabbed into someone, two people (I think!) Are shot...wait let me count.....I think its four actually but not that much blood, just a little red here and there, and one person is strangled in the dark by a rope, oh and someone is hit over the head with a candle stick! Mr. Boddy is found dead with three or four blood streaks coming from his skull. I think that's it for violentcontent... SEXUAL/NUDITY CONTENT: ok, no nudity, only two cleavagey outfits worn by a miss scarlet and (sexy portrayed) Yvette. Yvette also wears a very revealing top and bottom maid outfit and overall is liked more by the men. There is lots of sexual innuendo including a man lying on top of a woman trying to explain a sexual position, a man admits hes homosexual (but later reveals he lied by saying he was going to go homes and sleep with his wife), pro. Plum is blackmailed because he had an affair with one of his female patients, two characters have to squeeze through a tight space together and it almost seems like they are portraying a sexual position but I'm not reallysure, and lots more that I can remember. Also, miss scarlet runs a hotel where men can stay " with willing female partners" and pro. Plum asks for the number. If you're concerned about this topic, go and search more on it, this is not all of the heads ups for the category. FOUL LANGUAGE: dang it, I don't remember!!!! I'm guessing a d word here and there but I have no idea SMOKING/DRINKING: characters smoke and drink, Mrs. Peacock is believed to be poisoned at one point OTHER NEGATIVE ELEMENTS: there is lots more sexual innuendo, and all of the characters are terrible role models as they are being blackmailed for illegal things they have done (I still like the character, sure they are bad role models, but they are funny, definatly for older kids) Col. Mustard stole some kind of army weapon, miss scarlet runs that hotel I explained, Mr. Green is homosexual (SPOILER: not really, hes an undercover agent!!!!!), Mrs. White killed her husband I think, Mrs. Peacock did something (I forget), and pro. Plum had an affair with a patient of his. Overall, this movie may be hilariously tunny and brilliant (I didn't know it was THAT free, luv you Tim curry!!!!!! Lol), but make sure your kids are mature enough to understand the negative elements and find humor from the movie and just like, understand (you know what I mean) I hope this helped!!!!! :D

Teen, 13 years old Written byPunkchic November 14, 2009

Awesome and funny!

I watched this movie in y english class becuase we had to do a ystery story and I absolutely loved it!! Well 4 Sex: one guy says he's homosexual, and there are some sexual referneces(He had what he wasn't supposed to have with patients...), kissing, and the maid has a little dress which could be iffy 4 parents. Violence: some dead bodies, slapstick and a little bid of blood drops(just like cuts). Drinks and smoking: one woman smokes a cigarette, the butler offers alchohol drinks. Overall I love this movie it was funny and it'll keep you going especially at the end lol! =)
Kid, 12 years old July 31, 2009
Its a good Movie out of a bored game. they did a wonderful job!
Kid, 11 years old November 5, 2014

some jokes little ones wouldnt get

Clue the first mystery movie I'd seen when I was ten. I loved it! Not for kids under 9 because it has jokes that they wouldn't understand. Should be rated pg 13 but u know how they were in the 80s. A little violence with a women stabbed in the back and gunfire and brutally hitting on the head.Lots of drinking and smoking homosexuality

Teen, 15 years old Written byCrystalCloud June 15, 2013

12+ Is Very Extreme

This movie is fine, its just a toned down murder mystery which is fun and funny for fans of the game!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymarkb4 April 9, 2008

Very good adaptation!

It really was a good adaptation of the board game with a lot of humor and incidents. The sexual content include a man who says he's homosexual; a woman who works as a call-girl; one or two kisses; and an indication to a man's private parts. Other than that, it was pretty clean; the murders were more funny than scary and the language was like "damn" and the like.
Kid, 10 years old April 5, 2012

I hated her SO MUCH it-i-it fl-flam-flames, flames...

My favorite movie! I love clue! I think the biggest issue is the suggestive themes. Early in the film a man squeezes a woman's buttocks and some moments that most kids wouldn't understand, but will make adults laugh. I mean, seriously, I saw this movie first when I was eight and all of the inappropriate stuff went over my head. Other than that, it's really funny. But I'm upset with common sense media's review. What happened to Madeline Kahn's famous improvised "Flames"?

Teen, 13 years old Written byninja rsd December 21, 2013

eh

there are at least 5 deaths,it was a big let down for me,definetly not a comedy, more of a drama death movie

Teen, 15 years old Written byGhirahimIsFabulous May 20, 2013

Confusing- but very good

My first reaction to the movie was "How did you get all of this from a boardgame...?" I watched it again and fell in love with the movie. You probably would think 'nahh, its to weird' but I can think of weird movies that have no meaning (Blades of Glory). It was confusing but you didn't need to stop and ask questions. Every little action was a clue. The last three endings didn't make much sense, but I honestly liked going with 1 or 2, because I didn't like the original ending. It does have many sexual references and of course violence, but it makes me play the board game again. And makes me want to go to one of the mystery murder dinner parties!

Teen, 13 years old Written byCandiceTalks June 14, 2010

Great movie!!!

I'm thirteen years old and I saw this movie about a year ago. Not only does it have an amazing plot line, but the movie itself is extraordinary. Not bad at all for an old movie. I would say that kids under the age of 10 shouldn't watch it because you do see a dead body or two, and there is murder..drinking also. The role models aren't too good, they're greedy and such. But over all I thoroughly enjoyed this movie and I would definitley watch it again!!!

Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2009

Kid, 9 years old July 18, 2015

Let us in! Let us in! Let us out! Let us out!

Clue has it all: comedy, mystery, and great characters, just to name a few. Most of the lines will have you gasping for air, you're laughing so hard! The characters aren't great role models, but hilarious Wadsworth, batty Mrs. Peacock, sarcastic Miss Scarlet, bumbling fool Mr. Green, and many, many others will have you calling, "Encore!" And you'll get it, too, because the movie itself has three endings! You should check out the board game, too, because it's really fun. My mom's version is 29 years old, and it's in great shape. Kids, if you're 9, you should see this. Parents, if you're kid is responsible, let them see this. Well, what are you waiting for? GO AND SEE IT!
Kid, 11 years old June 14, 2013

Clue: The Movie - Review

Great movie if you get past the whole murder idea -- which is where the violence comes in. The violence is high but the violence is not shown very much. It is not detailed at all - which I loved about it. I hate when violence is realistic. There is a little talk about sex. There is a murderer in the house they all have a drink and Ms. Scarlet and some other smoke a cigarette. But a great movie overall!

Teen, 13 years old Written byFilm Friend September 3, 2012

Overall, a good mystery movie

Many people are murdered, but some parts of the movie are funny. Mrs. Peacock is a good screamer

Teen, 14 years old Written byBoldFutura88 June 8, 2017

Clue- a movie not to be missed

What can I say about Clue? Everything about it is amazing- the setting, characters and the script. The funny, over the top scenes show just how serious they take the material- they don't! The funny innuendoes, as well as all the most of the time over-the-top acting really brings out the silliness- and that's what it should be. It's a movie based on a board game, and parents should note that it does stray into sexual jokes quite often. Everyone is obviously having a great time- and the relationship between the characters is a fresh and very natural. The over the top nature really mimics that of the board game. I highly recommend Clue and suggest more people check it out.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPhenom April 9, 2008

awsome movie

this was a really cool movie it's the only board game that you can really make into a movie and they did a great job. There's really nothing in this movie that would make it inappropriate it's hilarious and I highly recomend it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCoolpool785 September 18, 2018

It could have been good, but cliche and pointless slapstick ruin it.

Boy, why was this made with the slapstick? It'd be good without it. I hate it when movies take what could be good movies with serious plots and screw it and make it a slapstick movie. I understand if people like it, but I dislike it. A lot. With how this movie is about MURDER and they use it to make boring slapstick jokes. What if they did that with "The Godfather?" It wouldn't work out! Also, there are three endings (and when it was in theaters they'd play a random ending, causing mass confusion) and those would be good if they weren't offbeat, or made sense. We literally witness three murders and they scamper around tripping over their shoelaces as this weird upbeat music plays, and they don't make sense. The characters are in every scene and are claimed to not be in every scene. Anyway, there are a bunch of murders, but nothing too graphic. Women were clothing that shows cleavage. Mild language except for a homophobic slur. I recommend you skip it.

Teen, 14 years old Written bylizziesflicks September 8, 2017

Best Movie Ever

this is a silly movie for the whole family to watch. there is a little innuendo but if you're fine with that, then this movie is spectacular for you and your friends/family. I've been watching this movie since I was six and it remains one of my favorite movies to this day.