Kid reviews for Clue

Clue Poster Image

my thoughts...

It's a tedious movie based on a board game; some innuendo, and violence.
1 person found this helpful.

12+

I think commonsense media was right, the fact that a man touches a women butty is just weird, and they say a lot of sexual things

Best Movie Ever Made!!!

This is my favorite movie! The fact that the main review would disrespect it is an outrage! I've probably seen this movie at least 20 times! It is a comical masterpiece! There are some sexual references but young kids won't get them and usually skip over them. I know that I missed a lot of those when I was younger. There's also some violence but that's kind of the point of the movie. People also smoke a lot but remember, it's set in the 1950's, it was a different time back then. I also noted some parents were concerned due to the fact that there is a woman wearing a revealing maid's outfit but it's just a low cut dress, what's your kid going to do about it? Overall this movie is hilarious and you should definitely give it a watch if you haven't already!

A little bit too scary for these under ages

Best if you just skip the murder Scenes Because my cus had to get hes eyes coverd

Skip that part

The entire movie is fine, EXCEPT, for the entire explanation scene right after dinner. Just skip it if you're watching with a tween or young teen. Other than that, great movie, totally fine for kids.

GREAT

It’s a very good movie with lots of positive messages, and a classic. I do not agree with this article

Ughhh!

I hate this movie, it is so much worst than the game!

Hilarious Mystery Movie

Okay, so there is some sexual references that are displeasing, and it is a show about murder, but it is all balanced out by the comedy. It's hilarious! I also like the multiple alternate endings. Yes, this movie isn't for anyone younger than twelve because of the sexual content, but that's my only concern. All in all, great movie.

-CLUE-

Okay, so part of what I do is read opposing reviews before I post mine. The Common Sense Media review has decent points, I mean it is mostly juvenile humor and you'll either laugh or cringe. For humor, it's mostly a mixture of sexual jokes (some work, some don't) and the physical comedy which landed pretty well for me. Tim Curry gives 110% and is just as outrageous as always. It's not at all a bad movie and humor is subjective. You may laugh, you may not. One thing I was excited for was when I heard about the alternate endings. I had never heard of another movie to do that, and while it was a cool idea it felt more like they were trying to stretch the movie out to that 90 minutes. Especially because some of the specific details just feel...off and unlikely. But whatever. This movie isn't meant to be about logic, it's much more just supposed to be fun. One of my biggest complaints was about a scene involving Curry running around and recapping the entire movie we just saw. While it was quite funny to begin with, it just seemed to drag on and was to the point of getting me annoyed. Overall, a pretty good movie. Certainly not bad. I said once that "Tim Curry can do no wrong and can make any bad movie sparkle", I still stand by that. It does have great performances from big names, but Curry's the one you're going to remember when the night is done. If the humor is not your taste and you'd prefer a grittier more cohesive murder mystery, I'd suggest 2019's "Knives Out".