Parent reviews for Clueless

Clueless Poster Image

Lots of teen and adult language.

Language is mild to PG-13. But is there a teen party where there is lots of drugs and passionate kissing in the background. There is also a scene where the main character Cher gets robbed at gunpoint. (***NO BLOOD OR VIOLENCE***) So in my opinion it is not for younger kids.

2 people found this helpful.

Clueless is amazing

Its amazing. Kids 9 and under won't understand the adult stuff. I watched it with my 9 year old cousin and she didn't understand what things meant. There is a thing where josh and his gf feet are like together as if they were doing something, but then cher calls and they sit up. But anyways it is a great movie!!! Let your kids watch it.

1 person found this helpful.

Good! 11+

Discussion of sex and virginity. Cher gets robbed. Good for people who like rom-coms
1 person found this helpful.

Great!

I think this movie has some swears and if you didn't already have "the talk" with them, this movie may be a bit much. But my daughter Ellie (12) and my daughter ruby(9) loved this movie.

Ugh As if!

I am 35 and have 2 little girls. My nine year old watched it with me AFTER I watched it. There is no naked people or sex. Cher the main character shows skin in one seen. I gave my girl the "TALK" you kid needs to have the "TALK" first .

Teens must understand that the main character is not a role model

The thing about this movie is that the main character is clueless and during the movie she starts understanding what is to actually do good and help people, but younger audiences throughout May not figure out when the character is something out of touch, because she explain her mentality to the audience, how she twists the situations to fit her mentality

Am I a bad parent?

I let my 11 year old daughter watch this movie (when she was 9) and now it's her absolute favorite movie. The characters and scenes match her aesthetic perfectly well. *NOTICE: IF YOU HAVE NOT HAD "THE TALK" WITH YOUR KIDS, DO NOT LET THEM WATCH THIS!* Even though my daughter first saw it at nine, I say thirteen and up due to the following reasons: 1: S*x is frequently mentioned, and the characters, especially Cher, believe that being a virgin is bad. 2: The high school drug party scene, and I don't need to give an explanation for this. 3: Swearing. Swearing isn't really that bad of an issue in our house, but still watch out. Overall: On 13+, Iffy 11-12, Off 10 and younger. If my daughter was writing this, she would say it's the best movie ever, LOL. Great movie! -Eryn from Colorado