Parent and Kid Reviews on

Our Review

Based on 21 kid reviews

Sort by:

You should watch it!!

I wouldn't say there was too much drugs/sex/violence/swearing in the movie. I thought it showed just enough of everything to be realistic to the story and not pacify the realities of the story. The story had a great message and I think kids/teens should watch it but they should be mature enough to not be bothered by the swearing or violence.

1 person found this helpful.

Entertaining, feel good and great movie with a overall great plot, however, there is too much sex.

This is a great movie about basketball and it has beautiful moments in it. The acting was great and the plot was the best. Violence & Fear (6/10) There are some fairly frightening scenes, most notably a scene where a character gets shot 3 times. Blood and hisrpse is seen for more than a minute. In another scene, two characters get held at gunpoint and robbed, however, it turned out it was their friend joking around with them. Violence and trashtalk during games is common, and pushing is extremely co common. A character tries to attack the Coach, however, he fails to. There are some instances where a charachter who is in a gang threatens certain characters. Sex (8/10) The movie contained too much sex. There was a specific scene where there were people kissing and having sex (off-screen). Also, in the same scene half naked women were sitting in a pool kissing with a teenager. There are many kissing scenes outside of that specific party scene too. References to abortion and teen pregnancy. Drugs & Drinking (3/10) In a party scene, teens are seen getting drunk, drinking is there and one characters smokes. Ecstacy or some other form of pill can be seen briefly.

5 stars great movie

It is a little inappropriate for some younger audiences. It has some offensive words. Really other than that I have nothing else to say.

Take God's name in vain

Has a lot of language. Uses gd curse.

Inspiring movie! I recommend.

I absolutely loved this movie. There were multiple lessons trying to be made throughout this film, and most were lessons that will benefit all kids! It gave me some inspiration, too. I do recommend it because the lessons are things we all need to hear. I wouldn't recommend it for younger kids because I don't think they would really understand the actual idea of the movie, or all the messages that they try to express. There's also a lot of swearing, and no sex but some inappropriate things. There's also some gang/hood stuff going on.

Basketball

It was a very good movie with something to prove. And I think the thing to prove is if you work hard enough you can achieve the goal you are trying to reach. If you keep trying you can make it. I'm not really in to sports movies but this one is a movie I could watch over and over.

Inspirational Movie

Most sports films all follow a similar goal, to inspire the watcher. I think Coach Carter succeeds in doing this too. It tells sport players that grades matter too. They wont make it far with bad grades. Even if they're good at their sport. All in all, it's a pretty good movie. The actors are good and the plot is good too. I'd recommended this film to sport players who are struggling with their grades.

coach carter

i think this a great message and movie for younger kids because this shows that school can be you way out, school is always first and if your a team your in it together

coach carter review

i think coach carter is a decent movie because it is to serious and it is based on a real story