Parent reviews for Coal Miner's Daughter

Coal Miner's Daughter Poster Image

Based on 1 review

Old favourite

I watched this film in the eighties as a child around 13 and it stayed with me. I recently watched it with my daughter and i had to fast forward the wedding night bedroom scene, its very disturbing to watch now. Wow back then this happened alot, very young girls married off, heck who we kidding it is still happening in backward places. 13 , is too young. Thats my problem with this film I loved the story but I can never forget how young Loretta is. What a life she had though. Loretta and Doo stayed together until 1996 when Doo passed. It was a tumultuous relationship though. I guess why I give this 5 stars is its real, no pretentious. It happened. Past that awful bedroom scene the film is fabulous.

This story speaks to the heart and contains enough truths about relationships

Tells the life story of Loretta Lynn and her about their rags-to-riches life of with depictions of career obstacles, marital conflicts, and battles with prescription drugs,the difficulties of show business. This story speaks to the heart and contains enough truths about relationships to make it collectively inspirational.