A lot or a little?
The parents' guide to what's in this movie.
What parents need to know
- Parents say
- Kids say
But I really waunt to.
I think if your child has read at least one or two of David sedarises books and you have two.
And... Continue reading
What's the story?
Is it any good?
Talk to your kids about ...
- Families can talk about the sexually aggressive "Curly" character. What does this character represent? How does he affect the main character? How does this violent episode change the mood of the story?
- How does the movie depict religion and/or Christianity? What do the characters get out of their belief? Where does their faith get tested?
- How does C.O.G. the movie differ from the original David Sedaris essay?
- Is this a "coming of age" movie? What does that genre usually entail?
- In theaters: September 20, 2013
- On DVD or streaming: November 19, 2013
- Cast: Corey Stoll, Denis O'Hare, Jonathan Groff
- Director: Kyle Patrick Alvarez
- Studio: Screen Media Films
- Genre: Comedy
- Topics: Book Characters
- Run time: 88 minutes
- MPAA rating: R
- MPAA explanation: language and some sexual content
- Last updated: February 7, 2020
Our editors recommend
For kids who love coming-of-age stories
Themes & Topics
Browse titles with similar subject matter.
Top advice and articles
Common Sense Media's unbiased ratings are created by expert reviewers and aren't influenced by the product's creators or by any of our funders, affiliates, or partners.
Streaming options powered by JustWatch